• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    Not sure where/if to post this, but i found a pistol magazine at freestate today. Not sure how long it will take before they notice it missing. I turned it in to the desk. Is it normal for freestate to call the person who was on that lane before me? Or does it just go in a pile?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Very stand up thing of you to do. I know for certain I left a 25rd 15-22 mag at freestate a few years back. No one turned it in...

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Not sure where/if to post this, but i found a pistol magazine at freestate today. Not sure how long it will take before they notice it missing. I turned it in to the desk. Is it normal for freestate to call the person who was on that lane before me? Or does it just go in a pile?

I was in lane 5 last night around 6-7pm. Was it for a Beretta or Ruger .22.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Is this a truth?

actually it is. 11+ round magazine cannot be transferred in MD. Period. Not even for free. There is no exception if you lost it. Unless you were LEO.

You can however meet whomever picked it up in Delaware or PA.

My guess, it goes into a pile with all the other mags they cannot transfer, like when a purty new CZ comes in but with an 18 rnd mag. Maybe they use them for the rentals.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    actually it is. 11+ round magazine cannot be transferred in MD. Period. Not even for free. There is no exception if you lost it. Unless you were LEO.

You can however meet whomever picked it up in Delaware or PA.

My guess, it goes into a pile with all the other mags they cannot transfer, like when a purty new CZ comes in but with an 18 rnd mag. Maybe they use them for the rentals.

I'm not buying that losing something and then finding it is in any way, shape, or form a transfer. Certainly not any more than loaning a gun is not a transfer..

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The finder should just leave it where it is and tell the RSO. The RSO can then point out to the person who lost it where to go to retrieve it.

I guess everyone needs to start putting their names on their magazines.

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    The finder should just leave it where it is and tell the RSO. The RSO can then point out to the person who lost it where to go to retrieve it.

I guess everyone needs to start putting their names on their magazines.

I never gave it a thought. The magazine was a black extended plastic type that was nestled between the tray and the side wall. It may have been there for a while. It was kinda busy saturday and i did not see it until i had my stuff laid out and loaded. I didn't want to go back out front at that time. There never seems to be an employee actually in the range whenever i have been there. I hate the idea of someone not getting their stuff back.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    A magazine was left behind, it wasn't "transfered" it still belongs to whoever forgot it. Let's not do the democrats job for them.

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    I never gave it a thought. The magazine was a black extended plastic type that was nestled between the tray and the side wall. It may have been there for a while. It was kinda busy saturday and i did not see it until i had my stuff laid out and loaded. I didn't want to go back out front at that time. There never seems to be an employee actually in the range whenever i have been there. I hate the idea of someone not getting their stuff back.

You did the right thing and in the end that is all that matters. Good on you.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

I get it. What I was suggesting was a means to avoid all of the potential legal problems that people are suggesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom