• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    I got a SpotCrime notification on November 3 saying Balt Co police were investigating a death from a possible self inflicted gsw at Continental Arms. I haven't seen nor heard any more about this. Has anyone heard anything about this? Since it says 'possible self inflicted', that also leaves the possibility of it being accidental. Very sad, either way.

Last edited:

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171116-170120~01.jpg
      Screenshot_20171116-170120~01.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 1,544

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This hits close to home (or work) One of the people we were renting commercial space to did the same thing in one of the buildings still have not gotten over the why and how . I seen this guy 8 hours earlier , before he killed himself .

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Thanks. And yes, I didn't want to be 'that guy' who posts lazily without first seeing if something already has a thread....on another note, I can't help but feel sorry for Continental over this. I assume that it was an intentional suicide. Horrible.

BTW, I love your screen name!

Last edited:

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Holy sh*t, that's beyond horrible. I've had many great interactions there with Jim over the years. I can't imagine being tasked with that. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but taking your life in such a way that affects so many people like this on a personal and business level, is beyond a dick move. Really sucks that this guy had to get them mixed up in his problems.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    I was at the Chili's next door that day and saw the police and ambulance activity. Was really hoping it was some criminal trying to rob it and wound up shot. Don't have the posts yet for WC so never saw anything more about it until now.

It's been years since I've used that range. Do they have a no singles policy? I've heard some ranges won't rent a gun to you if you come in by yourself and don't bring any guns of your own to prevent this sort of thing

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’ve Googled every possible way I can think of. No mention whatsover of this, except for the 2004 and 2013 incidents, and this posting on MDS. Wonder why?

Edit: I did just find it on the crime report on Trulia.com. No local news, no AP, etc... Weird.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Yup, same here, that's why I posted. I was a member there for years but stopped going as frequently, this past year. Good people there (contrary to some peoples' opinions or interactions from what I've read). That shiz isn't helpful for business, I'm sure, so it's probably for the best that it isn't mainstream news. Lord knows, we don't need another talking point to give the gun grabbers, courtesy of someone with a mental issue. Just sucks that Continental has to deal with this shiz.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    With all due respect, apparently folks with less than 50 posts can't see a section called Water Cooler, myself included....so how about a little chill, man?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    One bright note is that these people did not decide to take out others with them. They just off’d themselves. Still sad for everyone directly and indirectly involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom