• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Anyone know where I might find 16inch 5.56 HBAR basic black barrel. Can be generic. Not looking on spending extra money on competition version. Many barrels available, but not much for HBAR.

.....Im in the process of building stripped AR15's with my 18 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter from scratch. They designed them and under supervision are assembling every spring, screw, bolt, etc themselves. Both choose 16 inch barrels, preferably mid length gas and will use low profile gas blocks (dimples) on both. Once they turn of age, they will inherit them. These 2 are registered lowers, which is why I want them HBAR .

Thanks in advance. Hope this is right thread to reach out.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you are open to suggestions, I would look for a mid gas barrel. They will be softer shooters and they will break less parts than carbine.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Lowers are complete. I have stripped upper and BCG for both. I STILL NEED barrels, gas block, tube, and handguards. Looks like both like 16 inch barrel with 15 inch floating guards.

The lowers are Andreson registered lowers which is why Ill need HBAR here in MD.

Not looking at spending much. They can always change barrel later or build another themselves.

I wanted this to be mainly an education for them both.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Its hard to find a 5.56 HBAR that is 16 inch mid length gas and preferably black. Plenty of Carbine length out there.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think its hard to hit the trifecta (16 inch, mid length gas, and black) and stay under $125.

If you go up to say $200 -220 range there are plenty of barrels that hit the trifecta. Ones that are nice and shoot tiny little groups, even.

Its an education, not only in how to build it, but how to stay within MDs ridiculous requirements and also a budget.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I can arrange a private Build class for the 3 of you of that is something you think they may enjoy.

It's what I do.

Everything would be pulldown apart, gauged, inspected, and enhanced for better reliability.

It's a good thing you are doing.

mtbiker

Dec 31, 2016
    SoMd
    Peacegeek.net has Warsport HBAR 16 inch carbine barrels on sale for $40. I haven't bought from them but the guys over on reddit give favorable reviews.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Peacegeek.net has Warsport HBAR 16 inch carbine barrels on sale for $40. I haven't bought from them but the guys over on reddit give favorable reviews.
    I was hoping to find the 16inch in a mid instead of carbine.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    It has the HB profile. I have both HB's and A1 profile uppers and you can tell visually. If need be, the manufacturer can state "Heavy Barrel" on the receipt.

Website says that 16-inch barrel weighs 1.9lbs, which I would say is a "heavy barrel". Considering their M16A2 20" barrel comes in at 2.05 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom