• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Thanks Joseph, looking good!!! I compromised with mags... I want my pinky finger on the grip, so I am running the Glock mag with the extra finger extension. It gives me a whole hand grip and isn't too much more sticking out there than a standard mag and far less than the extended ETS mags that I have a few of.

I did upgrade from the stock plastic Glock sights that I started with. I knew I wanted something, but I wasn't sure what to start with so I put the cheapies on there until I decided what to go with. I went with Ameriglo Hackathorn rear and a tritium front sight, so far I really like them.

I have tried a kydex holster from Bravo Concealment for a G43 and it fits pretty well, though I am running a leather G43 holster for now.

Huge fan of the Hackathorns myself, looks great

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Can someone enlighten me the differences to the ss80 and OEM? Anything more then what the eye can see?

sinensis

Sep 4, 2018
    Columbia, MD
    ss80 is an unfinished object, it's not considered a firearm by the ATF (see determination letter on their website). Therefore if you buy it & jig and parts, you can completely finish it and it would then be considered a firearm. Because it is not a firearm, it can be shipped directly to you.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    What? Lol

ss80 is an unfinished object, it's not considered a firearm by the ATF (see determination letter on their website). Therefore if you buy it & jig and parts, you can completely finish it and it would then be considered a firearm. Because it is not a firearm, it can be shipped directly to you.

Also keep in mind that while I am neither a lawyer nor an ATF agent, it is bigly not allowed to help someone else or manufacture it for other people. It has to be for personal use. Someone else can expand on or verify this for me. So no ordering and finishing one for grandma.

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Also keep in mind that while I am neither a lawyer nor an ATF agent, it is bigly not allowed to help someone else or manufacture it for other people. It has to be for personal use. Someone else can expand on or verify this for me. So no ordering and finishing one for grandma.

Thanks gentleman, but I was being silly with the what, I have built 6 p80s and was wonder if there were other things like grip angle and such.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Has anyone put many rounds through their SS80 G43 yet? Seeing reports of the locking block rails wearing very fast and the locking block even moving. In one youtube video someone said his magazine falls out while shooting. Anyone have any problems? I wonder if polishing the slide rail grooves could help prevent some of the wear.

ryan

Jul 8, 2015
    Read reviews on youtube. There is only one pin to hold the locking block. When the slide moves back, it will cause the locking block to rotate slightly around that pin and the front rail will rise up. The single pin will take all the stress from recoil and the frame around that pin is thin and may crack in the long run. Looks like they did not thoroughly test it before production. Polymer80's two pin to hold the locking block is a better design. Better wait for the next version.

ryan

Jul 8, 2015
    Is it possible to glue the locking block to fix this, or any other home made remedy?

Glue won't work. Need to tap two holes from both side of the frame then use two screws to hold down the front rail.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    What did he drill that locking block with? Because I've attempted to drill P80 locking blocks, and they're harder than a whore's heart.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Looks like way too much work. I'll wait. The Polymer 80s are just toooo easy to worry about the Glockstore's SC.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I just got back from the range with my ss80 43 and was about to report that there where no issues, and actually it shot great, but just noticed a crack on the right side in the same spot as the guy on youtube.
    Now this is only after about 100 rounds through this thing, all Winchester WB 115. I guess I'll reach out to Lenny and see what they say about it, but for now if your on the fence about one, you better wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom