• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    in March it is nothing like the summer. you will have the place to yourself and be able to enjoy many of the restaurants with no wait (if they are open at all).

Eat, fish, relax. Delmarva sporting clays is on the way(ish)

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    in March it is nothing like the summer. you will have the place to yourself and be able to enjoy many of the restaurants with no wait (if they are open at all).

Eat, fish, relax. Delmarva sporting clays is on the way(ish)

I forgot to mention that I will be taking two of my nephews to the range for the very first time at some point over that weekend. We'll make the ~45 minute trip back to Mardela Springs. I'm not sure who is more excited about the prospect, me or them. :D

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Fish Tails is always open and usually plays decent music. Decent food. Wife and I go down this time of year on occasion. We stay at the Hilton and live on room service.;)

Fish Tails is closed for the season, or at least that is what the sign says currently.

teqmod

Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    CAptains table at the Marriot if you want a good meal but it is pricey. West OC has some cool local places and good food. Boardwalk right now is calm and most of hte shops are closed but a good bit of restaurants and drinking establishments are still open. Generals Kitchen or Bayside Skillet for breakfast. Boat show was this past weekend.

teqmod

Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Oh dang. They used to keep the bar open.
    Yeah, I thought so too. Mackys used to stay open as well, I did not check this time but they were closed about a month ago. This is one of my wifes favorite places and I have family near by so we head down fairly often in the off season.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Go year round. Just got back today from the weekend. March is far from the season. St. Patty's day parade is fun and Shenanigan's is quite the Irish bar on the boardwalk to squeeze into on the 17th.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    When in March? St.Patrick's day parade is being held 3/11. If your down that weekend it will be busy and traffic south of 80th street to 45th will suck. Otherwise off season is a great time to be at the shore. Little or no crowds. Where are you staying?

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    My wife and I really enjoy the off season in OC. We have been down there twice so far this year. I enjoy quiet. The boardwalk and many of the restaurants that I would never go to in the crowded summer are so much more enjoyable this time of year.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What to do depends on what you like to do.
    My family is on our 2nd vacation home out there in Ocean Pines since 2004 and we also have an investment condo at 59th street. There is still things we'd like to do that we have yet to get around to doing. We mostly boat and jetski now, but my boys like to fish mostly. In the off season, many places are hit and miss.
    Our favorite places to eat are the local places that are not franchises:
    Lazy Lizard right by the 50 bridge
    Secrets
    Fager's Island (my favorite) near 90 bridge
    Tony's Pizza

June is the time where its the 20 something college crowd and it gets a big loud out at night.
    I agree, 60th street and north is more family friendly.
    Boardwalk, get in line for some thrasher's fries. Its an OC thing.
    Old school arcades at the south end of the boardwalk (Marty's PLayland)
    Lots of shopping, lots of racy t-shirts

It may be a good time for you to drive out to Assateague to see the Poneys they will come right near you but don't piss them off or they may piss on you.

One more thing, my favorite LGS is out there. Arthur's Shooter's supply which is near the 90/50 split. Little shack in the back of his house.
    If you want a small range, Gunsmoke range is public and pretty low key north of 50 in Pittville I think. It is only pistol and I think 50 yard rifle. Its like a range in the back yard of the house. Last time and only time I went, I was by myself trying out a pistol I got at Arthur's.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I don't know , I have never been there during off season .I know you can walk them but I don't know if the shops are open .

I was just there on New Years, weather was gorgeous and the boardwalk was fairly crowded considering....several shops were open as was the arcades. Boardwalk fries (or whatever it is now) had a line that was FOREVER.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    O.C. isn't bad for what it is.

I personally like the "off season" better however two or three years ago we took our week vacation there as we didn't plan anything else. We stayed on the higher streets (117 I believe) in a nice condo that allowed dogs. We took our then 3 year old and only went to the lower end once or twice and went early. No problems what so ever besides you spend a ton of money eating.

I wouldn't hesitate to do a weekend down there. It's nice to walk around even if it's empty...perhaps nicer.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    OC is ok. Sure its not heaven and certain areas around the 21 and under clubs get nuts, its overpriced but still a decent beach town.

Go and have fun. That said, my family usually goes right before or right after high season, for years we had good luck with days like this weekend. However, since we had our kid we have had terrible luck and always seem to go when there are gale force winds etc. Its a roll of the dice.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    To keep it real it's not really a bad town. Tons to do and see but it is over run with the best white trash Dundalk has to offer.
    Love OC all year round. Much of the white trash in town from mid May- mid September are from PA.

If you know the town you will know good places and things to do all year round. West OC, back at Sunset Marina and the OC Commercial Fishing Harbor is a favorite for eating and drinking. Probably 3-4 of the best bar/restaurants around town.

St Patty's weekend will be like a weekend in the summer. Lots of people and a parade down Coastal. Everything will be open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom