Price & Availability for a brick of .22 lr?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Heading back to the People's Republic in a few days, and wondering how easy to get and affordable a brick of rimfire (Federal, Remington, the bulk plinking stuff) is back there? Would Uncle Henry be a hero if he brought a few back for the nephews, or is it cheap again back there?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Plenty of availability of 22 rimfire, and pricing is good as well. As different as can be from the market of several years ago, if that's what you're recalling.

Still, I've yet to see a gift of ammo as being anything other than great! Can't imagine it not being very much appreciated!

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Plenty of availability of 22 rimfire, and pricing is good as well. As different as can be from the market of several years ago, if that's what you're recalling.

Still, I've yet to see a gift of ammo as being anything other than great! Can't imagine it not being very much appreciated!

I figured it was better by now. I remember when it was really bad, it wasn't as bad out here and it was an awesome thing to find in their stocking. Probably not worth hauling it cross-country if it's "just" ammo that can be procured locally.

Thanks,

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    I figured it was better by now. I remember when it was really bad, it wasn't as bad out here and it was an awesome thing to find in their stocking. Probably not worth hauling it cross-country if it's "just" ammo that can be procured locally.

Thanks,

My pleasure sir. Agreed, no it would not be worth hauling now like it definitely was then.

Lest we forget.....get it while you can and stack it deep.

Have a safe trip east and a Merry Christmas!

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Heading back to the People's Republic in a few days, and wondering how easy to get and affordable a brick of rimfire (Federal, Remington, the bulk plinking stuff) is back there? Would Uncle Henry be a hero if he brought a few back for the nephews, or is it cheap again back there?

Walmart is selling out of pistol ammo and the one in Columbia still has a bunch of .22lr.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Walmart is not selling out of .22 even though it can be used in pistols. They're only selling out of "assault rifles" calibers and centerfire handgun ammunition. Shotgun and rifle hunting rounds will still be carried along with rimfire. It's a stupid policy but it is their decision to make.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Price & Availability for a brick of .22 lr?

Walmart at Arundel mills mall had 555 qty boxes of Winchester and federal for $19.95

They also had the bucket of bullets for the about the same price per round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    After Sandyhook, I vowed to basically stockpile a lifetime supply of .22. I've pretty much made good on that.

You're smart to do so.

I fully expect a repeat of 6-7 years ago in some form or fashion. Not if, but when.

Times won't always be flush with available product and good pricing like what we have at present.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Yep, I don't think 22 will get any cheaper than it is now. The price has seemed to settle down to market value. Even if there wasn't another panic, inflation means it only goes up from here. WM has the Fed blue 500 round box (the one with 10 50rd boxes inside) of 40gr LRN for $17.50. I would think 3.5cpr is just about the bottom. Buy it now while you can if you need it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think that there are more “bulk” options than say pre Newtown. Back then I have records that Winchester 333 was $13.95 555@$19.95 is now cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom