• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Now I have to reconsider whether to convert my ruger 10/22 to M-1 carbine or just go ahead and buy this replica. If it is around $300 range, and has the exact mechanism of the original other than the caliber, I would say it will be a winner.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it is around $300 range, and has the exact mechanism of the original other than the caliber, I would say it will be a winner.
    Did you notice the lack of en bloc clips? It's not the same mechanism, and I'd argue that it's probably unreasonable to expect it to be the same.

It does, however, look pretty similar to the M65 H&R Reising that was used as a trainer.

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    Did you notice the lack of en bloc clips? It's not the same mechanism, and I'd argue that it's probably unreasonable to expect it to be the same.

It does, however, look pretty similar to the M65 H&R Reising that was used as a trainer.

Garands used En Blocs, carbines were issued with 15 and 30 round detachable mags.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

I think you are confusing the M1 Garand (en bloc) with the M1 Carbine (Mag fed)

It looks intersting......wonder how much is plastic vs metal

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA

Really? Looks a lot like a M1...... Carbine..... to me ;-)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Oops! I blame it on psychology... I try not to think about the lackluster cartridge that is .30 Carbine.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    looks cool i have a old erma m1 22 its a fun shooter but there nothing like the real deal but dam 30 cal is price

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Looks great, but it's made by Chiappa, which would make me reconsider based on reviews of their 1911 .22...............

Chiappa confuses me ...
    They make beautiful western guns for Cimarron which have exquisite craftsmanship, but then they make the poorest quality 1911-22 on the market.
    I don't get it.

I'm sorta curious about the quality of the M1 as well.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Just imagine trying to load a mini en bloc clip with rimmed .22 ammo. Add in the wax coating of many .22 bullets and I don't see much success.

Someone needs to build a M1 Garand clone in .22LR, that uses a 10/22 mag. Feed the mag from above, like shoving in a real en bloc clip.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I would like to have a Stevens Model 87M but they get way to much money for 'em these days.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=264185765

Ya those are sweet. By the way that seller is very good and respectable I have bought about a half dozen guns from him. Always precisely represented and he will even take them back if you dont like them.

That said he has a bit of a following and brings a premium as well. I really want that Savage takedown he has listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom