• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I always hear people say that 22 is so available, you can pick it up at the local harware store.

Is this a case of nostalgia meets wishful thinking, or a case of me not experiencing it because I live in a communist state?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    In DE you can buy handguns at the hardware store.

When I first moved to Carroll years ago I remember ACE had some BB's, pellets, and .22 ammo.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    You can get .22 powerloads at home depot... But unless your'e driving nails into concrete with a ramset, it doesn't really help...

I've never seen .22s at the hardware store.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    DEpends on your area, we used to have a hardware store around here that sold all sorts of ammo. I bet in our extreme rural area's some still do.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    DEpends on your area, we used to have a hardware store around here that sold all sorts of ammo. I bet in our extreme rural area's some still do.

They do, even "drug stores" carry shot shells and popular rifle calibers during hunting season :D Had an ocasion to see a doctor that had The American Rifleman in his selection of literature :shocking:

One even encounters Real People at such locations!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Go to places in western Maryland you can buy ammo in gas stations.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    isn't walmart the biggest retailer of firearms?

But you can't find many if any walmarts that sell firearms around central Md

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    I remember my friend and I walking into a hardware store in Centreville and buying 22LR when we were 15. It never occured to me that we couldn't buy it at that age.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I saw 22 rounds at the hardware store in downtown Annapolis last time I stopped in there

What store is that? I work on the back creek side of Annapolis, but have never noticed that at any of the hardware stores. Never looked for it though either.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I used to buy ammo at the exxon I beleive it was on High Germany or Swain Road off 68 . And we had a hardware store down here in Edgemere that had ammo if I remember right . And it was only 100yards away from a Elementary school.......oh the horror of ammo that close to a school :rolleyes:

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    I use to be able to get .22 ammo at the hardware store in smithsburg till last year when they had to downsize and move store ain't been to the new store yet

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    those little country stores in Alabama usually have a good selecton of ammo.

When I was a kid the Montgomery Ward store in Eudowood had a handgun counter. I saw my first in person SS revolver there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom