• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    MSI makes the bottom screen runner on FNC!

Tuesday overnight it was mentioned on the Fox News shorts on 680 and 92.7FM (DE).

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Okay ... what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It was asked why suit hadn’t been filed in MA, and it was then posited that maybe the MA law contains a provision requiring compensation. My comment was answering that question.

The Takings Clause of the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution applies to the States by virtue of the 14th Amendment thereto. A takings clause in the constitution of a state (or commonwealth) is just icing on the cake.

My understanding is that the MD statute has a much broader definition of takeing than the federal one, and is easier to prove. There is also case law that applies to the MD taking clause. Some one who is far more knowledgeable can probably correct me.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    It's interesting he's discussing it with people there and not deleting their posts. I have to give him credit for that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yea, after the ACLU s lawsuit a politician can't delete Facebook comments from thier pages.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I get so tired of the "if it saves one life argument."

People don't consider the balancing of such statements. Let's say for example, hypothetically of course, that we add metal detectors in schools.....if it saves just one life. Someday, they find that if every time you pass through the device, the radiation takes the equivalent of 10 seconds of your life. So, at 2,000 seconds per year lost per student for 12 years, with 1,500 students in your school, that's one man year lost per school year. So, if you have a large school system, they are killing one person a year. Is it worth it?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I get so tired of the "if it saves one life argument."

People don't consider the balancing of such statements. Let's say for example, hypothetically of course, that we add metal detectors in schools.....if is saves just one life. Someday, they find that is every time you pass through the device, the radiation takes the equivalent of 10 seconds of your life. So, at 2,000 seconds per year lost per student for 12 years, with 1,500 students in your school, that's one man year lost per year. So, if you have a large school system, they are killing one person a year. Is it worth it.

If it saves one life, we should ban trucks. There are far more dangerous than cars even when used for legitimate purposes and besides, who needs a truck anyway. That's what professional truck drivers are for.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    This kind of post isn’t informative or helpful. In fact, it makes us look like racist defamers.

Sorry if it came across that way. As an Asian and a Democrat, I am just disillusioned how the Democrats have done things. I make no regrets that I voted all Republican candidates last election and most likely will continue doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom