• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    rails tacked on strait? maybe there is to much friction from the bolt and rails.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Did you buy it Online or from a Shop? if you bought it online have a smith that knows AK's look at it. if its from a shop take it back and ask them to have it fixed ASAP.

Don't wait on this, with October 1 around the bend these guns probably wont be replacable if you have a defective unit.

I see WASR10's all of the time for issues, normally they just need some fluffin and buffin'/

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    The case is tapered, so it's not sticking in the chamber if it has recoiled 30%.

Sounds way undergassed. There doesn't seem to be enough inertia to overcome resetting the hammer.

When the bcg opens that 30%, is it hard to pull back the handle to extract the case? Can it easily be closed again in that same 30% state?

thats what I was thinking - gas port obstruction or misaligned hole.

May 13, 2005
    1. Tie a rope to it and throw it as far as you can into a lake then pull it back as quickly as you can. if you have a boat, tie it to the boat and drive around the lake a few laps with it behind the boat.

2. Take it home and disassemble the main parts and spray them with an entire can of high pressure break parts cleaner in every nook and cranny you can find. If no break parts cleaner is available, just go to car wash and use the high temperature pressure sprayer in the stalls.

3. Repeat, this time with something like break free or aeroKroil. Or whatever else you can find that vaguely resembles something lube-ish.

4. Wipe down the excess, or just throw in the lake again to get the excess off.

5. Load up and shoot.

6. If problem still exists, do whatever Clandestine says.

Your welcome :)

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Sorry you have this problem. My first AK style was a Norinco MAK90. I purposely put a 1000 rounds through it before I cleaned it. Every round was flawless. If cosmoline has the rifle sidelined may want to reinvest in another brand all together. Just MHO.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Sorry you have this problem. My first AK style was a Norinco MAK90. I purposely put a 1000 rounds through it before I cleaned it. Every round was flawless. If cosmoline has the rifle sidelined may want to reinvest in another brand all together. Just MHO.

:thumbsup: I don't remember how many I put through mine before cleaning...but it shot like a champ! NO misfires to date!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    1. Tie a rope to it and throw it as far as you can into a lake then pull it back as quickly as you can. if you have a boat, tie it to the boat and drive around the lake a few laps with it behind the boat.

2. Take it home and disassemble the main parts and spray them with an entire can of high pressure break parts cleaner in every nook and cranny you can find. If no break parts cleaner is available, just go to car wash and use the high temperature pressure sprayer in the stalls.

3. Repeat, this time with something like break free or aeroKroil. Or whatever else you can find that vaguely resembles something lube-ish.

4. Wipe down the excess, or just throw in the lake again to get the excess off.

5. Load up and shoot.

6. If problem still exists, do whatever Clandestine says.

Your welcome :)

I was going to suggest drop it in the mud then try firing it....lol and #6 could get you more than you bargained for lol

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I bought my Yugo underfolder from J&G when I lived in AZ. It shot, and actually printed "groups" albeit about 24 MOA to the right! I actually had to set up a target 25 yards away to get it on the paper to figure this out. I immediately sent it back to Century to be repaired. I got it back ~3 weeks later and all has been good since. I wouldn't waste time in getting this back to the manufacturer and anything you do to it might be pointed to as the reason it's not functional. You will want a functional rifle prior to 10/1...

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    2 pages and no update from OP. :innocent0

OP-will-surely-deliver.jpg

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    aww that's mean. we were all noobs at some point.

yes folks, you just all saw ME say someone ELSE was being mean, and defend the noob. don't adjust your tv sets... :lol2:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Did you buy it Online or from a Shop? if you bought it online have a smith that knows AK's look at it. if its from a shop take it back and ask them to have it fixed ASAP.

Don't wait on this, with October 1 around the bend these guns probably wont be replacable if you have a defective unit.

I see WASR10's all of the time for issues, normally they just need some fluffin and buffin'/

Good advice about the gun and the upcoming deadline.

I used a similar line on a girlfriend in high school lets just say, that night it was self service. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom