• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    South Carroll Sporting Goods will be there, we've got lots in inventory and will be looking to move some of it!!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    MSRPA will be there with raffle tickets for our M1 Carbine. Only 500 tickets printed and we are down to the last 80. All money goes to fund current Maryland 2A lawsuits. Stop by and say hello and pick up a raffle ticket. Winner will be drawn when the last ticket is sold!

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    I'm curious, when at a gun show in MD, is it possible to buy a stripped lower AR receiver without the 7-day waiting period? Thanks in advance!

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    There is no gun show loop hole. All of the same laws and rules apply to your purchases at a show as they would at a local gun shop. Gun shows do not give a magic pass to bypass laws and regulations like the media and would have you believe.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Okay understood. Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly, in so many words, IS allowed with the current gun show loop hole? Thanks!

1. There is NO gun show loophole
    2. All MD and Federal laws apply to purchases from FFL's no matter what.
    3. 2 lowers stripped/complete per 60 days or 1 per 30 UNLESS you are taking advantage of a sale or are a Designated Collector.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Okay understood. Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly, in so many words, IS allowed with the current gun show loop hole? Thanks!
    As has been stated, there is NO 'gun show loophole'.

Some states allow Face-to-Face transfer of handguns and long guns between two of its residence and some only allow Face-to-Face transfer of long guns.

Maryland allows Face-to-Face transfer of non-banned long guns between two Maryland residents with no involvement of FFls or MSP. This is the so-called 'gun show loophole', and can take place at a gun show, Royal Farms, or the parking lot of Chaps Pit Beef, etc.

If you do a Face-to-Face transfer, you should have a reasonable belief the other person is a Maryland resident and is not prohibited for owning firearms.

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    As has been stated, there is NO 'gun show loophole'.

Some states allow Face-to-Face transfer of handguns and long guns between two of its residence and some only allow Face-to-Face transfer of long guns.

Maryland allows Face-to-Face transfer of non-banned long guns between two Maryland residents with no involvement of FFls or MSP.

SO I;ve been doing a bit of research, and I think I have figured out the same as you have posted. I have heard over and over that the "gun show loophole" allows for so many "otherwise banned" transactions to take place, and now I am feeling a bit let down!

Since a stripped lower COULD be built into a pistol-type gun, it is considered regulated until such time as a non-pistol upper is put on it....unbelievable.

With that being said, even the transfer of a stripped lower from one resident to another would require a FFL or MSP transfer, because of the mere POSSIBILITY that it could MAYBE be turned into a pistol. I'm tired of rules.:mad54:

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Think about this:
    If you buy an HBAR AR15 it is cash and carry. A complete AR15 is really a stripped lower with all the parts added to it so it can go BANG.
    According to Maryland law the stripped lower is more highly regulated than the rifle it becomes!

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    I have never purchased a firearm at a show in Maryland...so, let's say I give in to my Freudian lId and buy a Hi Point carbine...or a Sig 225. N
    Is it an online background check - pay - walk process, or is there a waiting period?

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    Is it an online background check - pay - walk process, or is there a waiting period?

My understanding is that a NON-regulated long gun which is anything that is NOT listed in the MD Code that was updated in 2013 is cash and carry, no background check; just buy it and walk away with it.

A SIG P223 is a regulated handgun, therefore it would require a 7 day (most places say 8 just to be safe) "cool down" period (so you can really think long and hard about whether or not you want to shoot that bugger...) after which time you can go back to the dealer and pick up the gun.

If I'm wrong, please let me know! I'm pretty sure that is correct though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom