• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I grew up hanging at a friend's waterfront house on Old Battle Grove Road. From the time I could drive until I got married, we hung out there. The mud was thick and most had to use their boat's props to plow out a channel to their docks every spring. My favorite memories were ice skating on the river. Some times it would freeze so thick we could ice skate passed the Wise Avenue bridge.

Good times to be sure.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    never been to a gunshow, any tips, I want to attend this one.

Come in with an open mind, make sure you have a license or other valid gov't ID and bring cash. Waving a piece of plastic in someones face doesn't help you in negotiating a price, but a bundle of $20 dollar bills will help. Also helps if you have your HQL in hand.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Come in with an open mind, make sure you have a license or other valid gov't ID and bring cash. Waving a piece of plastic in someones face doesn't help you in negotiating a price, but a bundle of $20 dollar bills will help. Also helps if you have your HQL in hand.

i gots twenty two dolla bills do dis count?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I grew up hanging at a friend's waterfront house on Old Battle Grove Road. From the time I could drive until I got married, we hung out there. The mud was thick and most had to use their boat's props to plow out a channel to their docks every spring. My favorite memories were ice skating on the river. Some times it would freeze so thick we could ice skate passed the Wise Avenue bridge. Good times to be sure.

The view from that bridge when the creek is frozen over is beautiful.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The view from that bridge when the creek is frozen over is beautiful.

Something else I just remembered we did on that river. We would boat out to the Sparrows Point Country Club and dive for golf balls. I don't know if my friends ever made a dime on them, but we had fun.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I would rather barter. There's something about getting something for something else. If you know what I mean! :D

me too. i found this bracelet on the way to work and would like to trade it for some ammo.

Attachments

• beads.jpg
      beads.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 535

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    never been to a gunshow, any tips, I want to attend this one.

:thumbsup: on the cash. Most of the firearms are there to be handled, but you should always ask before you touch. Use safe handling techniques to the extreme as you'll be surrounded by people and there is no such thing as an unloaded firearm. Be mindful of sweeping people and don't dryfire without asking. Prices may be negotiable and a little courtesy goes a long way.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    :thumbsup: on the cash. Most of the firearms are there to be handled, but you should always ask before you touch. Use safe handling techniques to the extreme as you'll be surrounded by people and there is no such thing as an unloaded firearm. Be mindful of sweeping people and don't dryfire without asking. Prices may be negotiable and a little courtesy goes a long way.

Wow, I didn't know you could barter at a gun show are prices generally cheaper for gun shows?

Do they do background checks on the spot or would I have to have it shipped to my local FFL?

I've trained myself to be obsessive with muzzle sweeping, even my fake blue practice gun I treat it as loaded lol. Any time I put my hands on a gun I always check to make sure that it's not being fed and chamber is clear, starting to turn into an OCD =(. I even tried doing to a nerf gun =/

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Wow, I didn't know you could barter at a gun show are prices generally cheaper for gun shows?

Do they do background checks on the spot or would I have to have it shipped to my local FFL?

I've trained myself to be obsessive with muzzle sweeping, even my fake blue practice gun I treat it as loaded lol. Any time I put my hands on a gun I always check to make sure that it's not being fed and chamber is clear, starting to turn into an OCD =(. I even tried doing to a nerf gun =/
    just tell them theres an extra twenty in there and they will slip it under the table for you.:thumbsup:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Prices are set by vendors and its currently a buyers market so pick what you want and look for a good deal.
    It never hurts to ask, most dealers will be lenient on some items.

Non-regulated items are 4473 and go unless you get a delay or denied from NICS and regulated items are treated the same as anywhere else with a 77R. If you like and the FFL is far from you some dealers will do an FFL to FFL transfer and let you find a shop closer to you.
    The only exception is that some private citizens will walk around with privately owned firearms and may transfer non regulated items face to face. If you bring something to sell a sling helps in carrying rifles and backpacks are great for holding pistols so you're not dealing with a handful of gun all the time.

Also make sure you stop by Blue Fins tables and say hi to us.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Prices are set by vendors and its currently a buyers market so pick what you want and look for a good deal.
    It never hurts to ask, most dealers will be lenient on some items.

Non-regulated items are 4473 and go unless you get a delay or denied from NICS and regulated items are treated the same as anywhere else with a 77R. If you like and the FFL is far from you some dealers will do an FFL to FFL transfer and let you find a shop closer to you.
    The only exception is that some private citizens will walk around with privately owned firearms and may transfer non regulated items face to face. If you bring something to sell a sling helps in carrying rifles and backpacks are great for holding pistols so you're not dealing with a handful of gun all the time.

Also make sure you stop by Blue Fins tables and say hi to us.

Thanks for the info, I'll stop by blue fins table for sure

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    just tell them theres an extra twenty in there and they will slip it under the table for you.:thumbsup:

I know you are just joking but for the uninitiated and for the record... ALL FIREARMS SOLD AT THIS SHOW WILL HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK PERFORMED.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I know you are just joking but for the uninitiated and for the record... ALL FIREARMS SOLD AT THIS SHOW WILL HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK PERFORMED.

Yea I had to throw it out there for all our liberal friends who will be attending . We all know there is NO gun show loophole.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'll definitely go to support a new MD gunshow. Dundalk is not too far from me, I won't have to camp out the night before, wake up in front of Weenie World with pants half down and a couple new bracelets and probably a new "Lou" tatoo, no offense Lou. Do you think it will still be a buyers market in August? Any word on a PG county show this year?

ascorb, I believe you will really enjoy the show knowing/being an MDS'er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom