• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I just can't understand why people leave expensive guns lying around on their tables without at least tying them up or putting them in a display case.
    Went to a gun show last year and a $5,000 antique pistol was stolen from someone's table. The owner just had it sitting there for anyone to pick up.
    More on the stolen gun...

Now you almost need to use cut resistant tethers. The turds are actually getting bold enough to just cut the zip ties. I was there talking to one girl at a booth who said someone came up right in front of her and started picking at their company logo sticker on a display with their fingers because they liked it and wanted to keep it. Not that something like that approaches the level of stealing a gun of course. Just that there are some people in the world you should be allowed to bop on the nose with a rolled up newspaper while saying "NO! BAD!"

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Today was more crowded that the last Friday was last year. bit of snow up here that hopefully will put a crimp on those showing up tomorrow. I heard that I should expect it to be crowded. We saw better than half of it today. Big names not here?
    CZ, Glock, Kimber, Leupold, Ruger.

Good show, but I can't even get scope rings for the new Vortex scope that I bought. No one seems to have them. Precision Firearms is divided up between Chantilly and here, so a portion of their inventory is not here. They still have a nice booth though.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Today was more crowded that the last Friday was last year. bit of snow up here that hopefully will put a crimp on those showing up tomorrow. I heard that I should expect it to be crowded. We saw better than half of it today. Big names not here?
    CZ, Glock, Kimber, Leupold, Ruger.

Good show, but I can't even get scope rings for the new Vortex scope that I bought. No one seems to have them. Precision Firearms is divided up between Chantilly and here, so a portion of their inventory is not here. They still have a nice booth though.

What size rings do you need?

Rookie Shooter

Feb 26, 2009
    Sykesville, MD
    My son is hoping to bring home a bow. I told him before that if he did good in school we would get him one. His last report card was all outstandingset with perfect attendance so I guess I am going to have to bring one back with us.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    My wife and I went for the first time today. We had a great time. Parking at the mall and taking the shuttle was easy in and easy out. The gun area was the most packed. Bought a steel handgun target and got a great deal on 1k of 9mm from Freedom Munitons. Carrying around a steel handgun target and 1k of 9mm was not one of my best decisions....

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    My wife and I went for the first time today. We had a great time. Parking at the mall and taking the shuttle was easy in and easy out. The gun area was the most packed. Bought a steel handgun target and got a great deal on 1k of 9mm from Freedom Munitons. Carrying around a steel handgun target and 1k of 9mm was not one of my best decisions....
    My wife and I went for the first time today as well. What a blast! We did not have enough time to through the whole show, we only made through the shooting sports section and the archery section. We did stop by and see mark at precision firearms and my wife picked up her first upper. Wow mark is a great guy, I can't say enough good things about him and precision firearms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    We went Saturday, crowds were heavy but not bad. Parking worked out okay, but it sure was cold. Now about the show. I was disappointed, actually quite disappointed. For all the hype, there really was not much to see at least for me. No Ruger, no Glock displays, campers, boats, and the log cabin displays were very slim pickings. What I found most interesting was the man with the birds. Lots of guide services which was nice to see but the gun section was more ATV's than guns.
    I really wish people would bath before going to the these shows, next time I will carry some kind of spray to try to combat it, lot of foul odors.
    I should have gone to Chantilly instead.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    We went Saturday, crowds were heavy but not bad. Parking worked out okay, but it sure was cold. Now about the show. I was disappointed, actually quite disappointed. For all the hype, there really was not much to see at least for me. No Ruger, no Glock displays, campers, boats, and the log cabin displays were very slim pickings. What I found most interesting was the man with the birds. Lots of guide services which was nice to see but the gun section was more ATV's than guns.
    I really wish people would bath before going to the these shows, next time I will carry some kind of spray to try to combat it, lot of foul odors.
    I should have gone to Chantilly instead.

I ain't been there since the NRA took it over but I thought it was a outdoor show? It sounds like you were looking for it to be more of a gun show.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    The "Outdoor" show was nothing more than what a person could see at Bass Pro Shops. Yes, I did indeed expect much more than what all the advertising suggested. Of course I was looking for something along the lines of SEMA shows for auto enthusiasts.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    These type of shows were fun before the internet ramped up. Late 90's when people were still flipping through pages of magazines and going to shows to see the latest and greatest.

At least for me, I rarely get excited or enthused about seeing the newest gimmick when we've already seen it all 10x before we paid the dozen or so dollars to get through the door.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    The "Outdoor" show was nothing more than what a person could see at Bass Pro Shops. Yes, I did indeed expect much more than what all the advertising suggested. Of course I was looking for something along the lines of SEMA shows for auto enthusiasts.

Sounds like you need to check out the SHOT show next year then. That's the big boy of shows

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Went last weekend for two days and went back up on Sunday again. Was great to see so many things in one place. Course, I'm not interested in glocks but was strange they were not there.

If it was billed as a big gun show I would be disappointed, I'm sure the outdoorsman felt the same way from their perspective.

Helped me and a friend decide on our next pistol purchase.........unfortunately lol

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom