• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    It's par for the course to nominate the person recommended by the party's delegation in such an instance.

Tell that to Robin Frazier who was nominated for State Senator by the Carroll County Republican Central when Joe Getty’s seat was vacated when he was apointed on Hogan’s staff. He said no and that he wanted 3 choices. Hypocrisy much? Hmm

And Oaks pleads guilty. Eat it, scumbag.

"Par for the course," I said. Not "this is the way it's done every single time."

Politics are disgusting. I still eat sausage, but I look at it differently after seeing how it is made.

Just a FYI their are time limits on the process for appointment. The governor may ask for additional names and they can tell him to pound sand. That is what the dem's did in all of their cases. The R's mostly complied because they are of the same party and did the governor a courtesy in re-submitting. This was a big bone of contention for the party's committees. But if they had not re-submitted their appointments to the governor he would have had to accept who they originally submitted. So since the dem's didnt give him any other options, he had to accept Oak's name and fill the vacancy with him.

Also, him retiring before pleading guilty allows him to keep his state pension. Dont expect him to ever see the inside of a cell. He is walking out of this relatively free and clear.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It says holding, not running for. Th Sun article explains the bizarre and just wrong process.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Just a FYI their are time limits on the process for appointment. The governor may ask for additional names and they can tell him to pound sand. That is what the dem's did in all of their cases. The R's mostly complied because they are of the same party and did the governor a courtesy in re-submitting. This was a big bone of contention for the party's committees. But if they had not re-submitted their appointments to the governor he would have had to accept who they originally submitted. So since the dem's didnt give him any other options, he had to accept Oak's name and fill the vacancy with him.

Carroll County Republican Central Committee per their governing bylaws only have to submit one name which they originally did. Hogan didn’t want someone like Frazier who is of a Constitutional mindset so he picked someone who he could mold in to a lap dog and help provide cover. Sorry I’m not buying those lame excuses.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Carroll County Republican Central Committee per their governing bylaws only have to submit one name which they originally did. Hogan didn’t want someone like Frazier who is of a Constitutional mindset so he picked someone who he could mold in to a lap dog and help provide cover. Sorry I’m not buying those lame excuses.

They arent excuses. I am familiar with their bylaws and it doesnt prohibit them from submitting a single name. State law does not require a single name. Ultimately he wanted to have multiple names and asked them for more names. They ultimately complied, after arm twisting, and the governor selected someone else. See it how you want, but it is what it is. I dont know what was in his head, but once they submitted multiple names he was free to do what he wanted. It may not have been Hogan who blocked Frazier, it could have been someone else who called in a favor with Hogan or one of his staff. If they didnt submit additional names, he would have been bound by their decision. The dem's do the same thing with Dem governors and Rep have done the same. Rep's were mad about it when Ehrlich did the same thing and there were Rep's that were upset that Hogan asked as well. There was even a lawsuit over it when Hogan asked, I forget which counties central committee sued themselves over it. But they lost and the multiple names stood. It may have been Carroll, but I dont remember now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    He might not be able to hold office while in prison , but he can certainly serve on the Central Committee.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    They arent excuses. I am familiar with their bylaws and it doesnt prohibit them from submitting a single name. State law does not require a single name. Ultimately he wanted to have multiple names and asked them for more names. They ultimately complied, after arm twisting, and the governor selected someone else. See it how you want, but it is what it is. I dont know what was in his head, but once they submitted multiple names he was free to do what he wanted. It may not have been Hogan who blocked Frazier, it could have been someone else who called in a favor with Hogan or one of his staff. If they didnt submit additional names, he would have been bound by their decision. The dem's do the same thing with Dem governors and Rep have done the same. Rep's were mad about it when Ehrlich did the same thing and there were Rep's that were upset that Hogan asked as well. There was even a lawsuit over it when Hogan asked, I forget which counties central committee sued themselves over it. But they lost and the multiple names stood. It may have been Carroll, but I dont remember now.

HA HA, you’re good at providing cover too. The vicious circle continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom