• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I've had some issues with my 509 magazine sleeves, but I have also found a solution. Ill start with the problem.

A few of my mag sleeves cracked during training. Mostly during reloading drills where the mag is dropped. I searched at the time, and I heard that it was a somewhat common issue, and that the part has been improved to prevent this.
    I called FN at the time and they acknowledged the issue, and said they would send me out some new sleeves, if i sent them pictures, which I did immediately. A few months later I had heard nothing, so called again. This time they had a very different tact. They told me the sleeves are just a space filler, and they should not be dropped at all. They said they would still send me some new ones, but made it clear this would be the one and only time.

Now the solution.

I just got the first sleeve off my 3d printer and it is perfect. It actually fits much nicer than the factory sleeves. I wish I could say that I designed it, but I bought the model online, so I will not distribute the files, but they can be found here:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/fn-509-magazine-sleeves

It comes with 3 sizes which should be every size you could need, whether you have a compact or a midsize. 4 of the medium size even stack to the correct size for the 24 round mags, and the medium and small sizes can stack together and use the 17 rnd mag in the compact.
    Now if anyone knows the right filament color to approximate FDE that would be great, and if anyone just wants a onsie or a twosie, I'd be happy to print one off and send to you, just let me know the color.
    The designer wants 1$ a piece if you were to sell them, but he doesnt say anything about giving them away.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    No pics yet, but ill try and get some up soon. Ive got a couple more printing now, and after that i'm going to do some in light brown and see how the color matches up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom