• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    I only have one "papered" WW2 bring-back - although we can pretty much guess that the vast majority of non-import marked, non-Russian Capture Axis pistols were bring-backs in one way or another. Anyway, this one has a form that I hadn't seen before - although admittedly that's a pretty low bar as I don't collect or follow the paperwork :)

The primary reason I got this one is that it is a somewhat rare P.38 variant that the dealer didn't recognize (he was up-charging for the paper but missed the crux of the biscuit). To me, the paper was just icing on the cake :)

During the changeover from 1943 to 1944 (BYF/43 to BYF/44 slide code) in the P and Q blocks, Mauser also changed the Waffenamt inspection proof from Eagle/135 to Eagle/WaA135. This resulted in some interesting combinations of slide codes and proofs. The hardest to find is a BYF/43 code with all "1944" E/WaA135. Usually you'll find BYF/43's in this range with at least the first proof (the initial inspection proof) on the slide being E/135. A BYF/43 with all WaA135 probably represents a slide that didn't pass the initial inspection and got held back until it was fixed.

The second hardest is like this BYF/44, with all "1943" E/135 proofs (instead of the expected E/WaA135).

Following that are various mixes of codes and proofs.

Attachments

• Paper.jpg
      Paper.jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 140
    • A1.jpg
      A1.jpg
      81.1 KB · Views: 136
    • A2.jpg
      A2.jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 140
    • A3.jpg
      A3.jpg