• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    It was fun but personally, I would prefer to see it limited to the C&R auto and manual categories only. These were a distinct minority this time.

We had also hoped for more. Originally we had a lot of autos signed up and they changed last minute to modern.

We were also testing the water for the ability to include these rifles for people in future matches. See how they fared with the par times and stage setups.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The overalls made it crystal clear that the C&R divisions were not competitive compared to the modern divisions. Even my terrible shooting with an unreliable rifle and not-really-zeroed 1911 in heavy outpaced all of the C&R competitors. I didn't notice the overall match flow being impacted by the C&R guys, oddly enough, but I'm not the MD.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    The C&Rs didn’t really slow down the match, I had 4/11 on my squad and we moved along just fine, but for sure they’re not going to be competitive with anything modern. M1 carbine would be your best chance, I shoot mine in the regular 3 gun matches sometimes and it keeps up.

The special match in June will be strictly C&Rs assuming enough sign up and the stage designs and par times will be tailored specifically for that. There was just no way we could only do C&Rs this time unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom