• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russ498

Feb 8, 2021
    Pasadena, MD 21122
    I am interested in shooting some long-distance either in competition or just at AGC. I have been looking at Ruger, sigsauer and Howa rifles. I would like to stay under $2000 for a rifle and scope combination. I have been working mostly at 6.5 Creedmoor what that is not carved in stone. I’m old and decrepit and don’t shoot that well anyway. Just do it for fun. Have any recommendations?

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Tbh, I would get a krg bravo and a barreled action to drop into it and then spend as much money as possible on glass and ammo. For barreled actions, theres the howa 1500, the remington 700, or savage that would all work.

For glass, I would look at the Athlon, Vortex, or Arken line of optics to get you there.

I would try to sign up for the MDPRS beginners match (usually in the march april timeframe with signup in feb march timeframe) and borrow a rifle if you can to try it out and see if you like it.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Also, AGC only goes to 200. To begin to get into long range, you can go to delmarva sporting clays to go to 500.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Also, AGC only goes to 200. To begin to get into long range, you can go to delmarva sporting clays to go to 500.

Where is the 500yd range out there? I have been told they have one, but the main range is 300yds. I'll have to ask next time I'm there.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Where is the 500yd range out there? I have been told they have one, but the main range is 300yds. I'll have to ask next time I'm there.

The main range goes to 300. The 500 range is a little extra to use and is the garage looking structure behind the office.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Don't overlook the Bergara B-14 line. I recently got a Bergara B-14 BMP in 6.5 Creedmoor and am really happy with it. They can be had, depending on model, for $800-$1200.
    As far as optics go, this is- hands down- the best deal you'll find on a quality scope while remaining within your budget. https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vi...pe-with-ebr-2c-reticle-moa-pst-43127-new.aspx

This. Another option is a Ruger Precision Rifle (that’s what i have, the rifle and glass together cost me 2K)
    The scope that Squaregrouper listed above is what I have and it has served me well out to 1200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I got a tikka T3x in 6.5cm it drives nails so does my Ruger RPR in 6.5. Alexander sporting farms goes to 600yards same drive as Delmarva sporting clays and less busy big time. Also look at the mason dixon precision rifle series that’s what I shot this year and they do an annual beginners match I live in the dena and I’m going to try and make them all next year with another member here.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Peacemaker has days when they open their 1000yd range to the public. Looks like they are doing one a month. A few of us from MDS met up and went down. We had a great time! 4g4loser (or some similar name) is a winner as an RSO. Everyone was super helpful. It was my first time. We gotta do that again soon!
    https://www.peacemakernational.com/

Attachments

• 90B1699C-E6E7-4F80-A6A0-07428AD6CE42.jpg
      90B1699C-E6E7-4F80-A6A0-07428AD6CE42.jpg
      111.4 KB · Views: 146

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Peacemaker has days when they open their 1000yd range to the public. Looks like they are doing one a month. A few of us from MDS met up and went down. We had a great time! 4g4loser (or some similar name) is a winner as an RSO. Everyone was super helpful. It was my first time. We gotta do that again soon!
    https://www.peacemakernational.com/

December 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clay

Jul 22, 2021
    For great quality rifle, sub moa, highly recommend Tikka ctr in 6.5 creedmoor. Excellent out of the nox

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom