• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    I have a CCW, I don't go out to bars and clubs a lot anymore but while in OC this past weekend twice I was almost inside a club and had to turn back when I realized the long line was heading towards metal detectors. I wasn't drinking and I didn't see any signs posting the metal detectors were their or weapons prohibited. I'm sure the signs could have been their but I didn't see them.

Does anyone know if there's a list (or maybe someone should create one) of bars and night clubs with walk through metal detectors.

For the record and to save anyone the trouble Secretes and Fagers Island both had them. Either go somewhere else or don't carry at either.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the Clubs you frequent have metal detectors , that's a clue you need to go to classier nightclubs , or drink at home .

Metal detecting at bars/ clubs is an old thing . But thru basic economics , they don't go to that much expense , unless they have a serious problem .

wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    My wife wanted to hear the bands they had, have a few drinks. We stayed near by and had walked or took the bus most of the weekend.

First it happened at secrets so I got back on the bus and headed to fagers island. Got there and same thing. Should have figured after the first stop. Just sucked having walk and bus it back to my truck/hotel and lock it. And listen to her grumbling about it. If I'd have known I would have locked it up in my truck before I left the hotel.

Afterwards I tried to Google it to see if there would have been some way to know I was heading for metal detectors. I didn't find anything. So, one reason for the post was to possibly help the next guy. Or maybe see how others avoid such issues.

Personally, I would have rather just gave my business to somewhere elese who didn't have the no weapons policy but my wife wanted to go, and everything else was dead at the beach.

I hadn't been to either spot in probably 20 years. And yes secrets would not be my first choice for a meal.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I had the CCW a little less than a year.
    Yeah I thought as much.
    How's your shooting in large crowds of people like those?
    Sometimes you just need to spend time with your wife and not your pistol.
    Seacrets, the last I knew, only let OC PD cops in armed.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Only been to Seacrets one time before my pistol packing days , thought it to be a dump .

Been to Fagers recently and the gun thing only applies to the dance floor/club side from what i have seen . If you are going to a sit down dinner then you should be okay with a pistol (permit) never had a problem .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Its no Secret (pun) that the owner of Seacrets is a strong 2A supporter and republican. But he does have lots of young and rambunctious kids at his club.
    We go there in the off season though for dinner sometimes when in town.

Wanna try something on the water, you can try Lazy Lizard. Food is good IMO, prices are really high though. We try to go there only once a year though. I just have too many in the family to go there that often. They have several parking lots. or come by boat.
    We just have our favorite spots can have not experimented as much as we should. Tony's pizza (upstairs veranda though) is a common meeting place for us to meet up with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom