• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Yeah that’s pretty weird… Kind of strange that someone was “sleeping in your basement” for sometime without permission and suddenly it’s an issue.

So either it’s some odd domestic issue… Or the guy was so good he broke into the basement and managed to sleep there and nobody knew about it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Lol we just watched the movie “I See You” the other night. It’s about phrogging where you break into someone’s house and stay there for a while without them knowing it.
    Weird movie but after seeing this now I guess it really is a thing.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    My mother in laws friend had homeless people living in her crawl space unbeknownst to her for a while. She found the crawl space access door under her deck partially open and found evidence of people living in there. She called the police and they told her based on the amount of trash under there the squatters may have been in there for months. She had to call the police several times because they kept coming back after she found they were living in there.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Yeah that’s pretty weird… Kind of strange that someone was “sleeping in your basement” for sometime without permission and suddenly it’s an issue.

So either it’s some odd domestic issue… Or the guy was so good he broke into the basement and managed to sleep there and nobody knew about it.

Anyone remember Lazlo Hollyfeld?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    My mother in laws friend had homeless people living in her crawl space unbeknownst to her for a while. She found the crawl space access door under her deck partially open and found evidence of people living in there. She called the police and they told her based on the amount of trash under there the squatters may have been in there for months. She had to call the police several times because they kept coming back after she found they were living in there.

It seems like this may be the same kind of situation.

I found the house on Redfin

https://www.redfin.com/MD/Poolesville/18810-River-Rd-20837/home/10500569

Scroll down and you can see comments from realtors from a few years ago stating that there was significant mold in the basement, one suggesting it needed a complete tear down.

Perhaps the owner avoided the basement for long periods and there was evidence of the perp squatting there for some time before the owner ever found out (and then shot the perp).

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Must’ve been that first flush of the toilet that gave him away. Probably came upstairs to raid the fridge. I’ll wait for Paul Harvey “and now the rest of the story”.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    The drug addict son of a guy I used to work with rented out the basement to a homeless person without the parents knowledge or permission. The son disabled the alarm to the window in the basement. I don’t remember how long it went on for or how he found out about it. Dad threw the son out of the house soon after that. The brother took him in until the drug dealers started showing up demanding money. Somehow the kid ended up in the military and turned himself around. I can’t imagine what he went through.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Wasn't there some sort of home inspection truck in the driveway? My guess is the squatter was discovered that way and the homeowner then shot him.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    from the other thread

Update:

So as the truth unfolds, apparently the homeowner had been on vacation, the intruder took up residence in the basement and was attempting to enter upstairs after the homeowner came home.

The homeowner called 911, notified the police someone was attempting to break in, during the call, while still on the line the intruder broke into the house, dispatcher reported hearing shouting and a scuffle, then shots. Homeowner picked phone back up and said that the intruder had attempted to take the gun from him, he thinks he is dead and asked what to do next.

Police brought him to HQ and questioned him, later releasing him without charges.

We ALL know MoCo... if they could've charged him, they would've. Sounds like a clean shoot at this point.

As for the birds thing... I was reading somewhere that he used to have an outdoor shooting range (not really all that unusual in Poolesville) but the neighbor said something about birds and noise... that forced him to build an indoor firing range (and put those signs up) and it was also a play on the whole "birds are spies" nonsense....

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Wasn't there some sort of home inspection truck in the driveway? My guess is the squatter was discovered that way and the homeowner then shot him.

No. The home inspection company is owned by the homeowner's father, and there are reports that the homeowner worked for them too. That is why the truck was in the driveway, the home wasn't being inspected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom