• ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    They are quite(and cheap).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The deal he did for me I couldn’t refuse but I am going to get another rimfire can in the future

I have a 45 obsidian in jail

I want a 30 caliber rifle can after that then like I said another rimfire can

Live and learn

How do you like yours for plinking?

I am excited about shooting mine but my luck it will come about the time I am getting cancer surgery and I won’t want to play around much then I guess

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You should measure your barrels muzzle threads from the crown to the base of the shoulder. Ruger manufactured threads initially in 1/2x28 that were .625” and later changed to .400” in length to align with most rimfire suppressor threads being produced. I am not sure what year the change was made. The 10/22 that I have has .400” length threads. You should reach out to Radical and see what they suggest. Some rimfire suppressors will except either thread length and some like the Spectre will not. If you need a spacer SilencerCo and Gemtech make them. I like the Gentech one better as you can use a wrench to take it off if it gets stuck.

My threaded 10/22 is about a year old magpul takedown so I hope it has the correct thread depth

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The deal he did for me I couldn’t refuse but I am going to get another rimfire can in the future

I have a 45 obsidian in jail

I want a 30 caliber rifle can after that then like I said another rimfire can

Live and learn

How do you like yours for plinking?

I am excited about shooting mine but my luck it will come about the time I am getting cancer surgery and I won’t want to play around much then I guess
    First off, good luck with the surgery. You're probably looking forward to it while at the same time wishing it didn't have to happen. I wish you well my friend.

The .22 can has only had one range trip. I had to put it on DA's 10/22 TD. I do not yet own a gun to put it on, but I should by next week, if not sooner. First, I need to get this can taken care of. I might stop buy Engage(where I bought it) and see if there is something they can do with it. I consider this a little hiccup. Worst comes to worse, I'll run a drill through it, lol.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The spectre backcap has a ring located forward of the barrel threads in between the threads and the blast baffle. If the rifle has threads that are longer than .400” they will contact this ring prior to bottoming out on the shoulder of the barrel threads on the rifle causing the suppressor to lock up unevenly on the ring and not the shoulder which can bring the suppressor out of alignment with the barrel and cause the issues you are describing. Normal rimfire thread length in 1/2x28 is .400” while centerfire is .600”. If your threads are say .450” in length you may not be able to see the separation between the suppressor and the barrel shoulder and it will seem to lock up because the threads on the barrel are contacting the ring on the inside of the suppressor. Best thing to do as you said is to measure the length of the threads and see if you can use the spacer or there are other spacers that are thinner and less expensive than buying the adapter they want you to use.

This is almost certainly the answer.

Most threaded barrels (with the noted exceptions of the "European" left hand threaded ones) are designed so that the muzzle device will index on the shoulder of the barrel threads. (The LH threaded pistol barrels, say from SIG or HK are designed to index on the muzzle.) If the muzzle device (or suppressor, or whatever) bottoms out before it indexes on the shoulder, it may not end up totally straight with the bore.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    And I didn't read the entire thread before I posted the above. Anyhow...

My threaded 10/22 is about a year old magpul takedown so I hope it has the correct thread depth

You'll almost certainly be fine. Ruger uses industry standard thread cuts. I have a 10/22 TD Target that is an awesome suppressor host. My rimfire can is a Dead Air Mask HD.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    And I didn't read the entire thread before I posted the above. Anyhow...

You'll almost certainly be fine. Ruger uses industry standard thread cuts. I have a 10/22 TD Target that is an awesome suppressor host. My rimfire can is a Dead Air Mask HD.

The OP has a barrel that was threaded later not by Ruger. So there were two related questions about two separate barrels. Some older Ruger barrels that are factory cut where originally cut to .600” but I believe they started threading them to .400” around 2010. Don’t quote me on the timeframe.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Oh yeah, I knew it was two different guys. I just made my comment without realizing that there were two more pages of discussion that had covered what I was saying.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Oh yeah, I knew it was two different guys. I just made my comment without realizing that there were two more pages of discussion that had covered what I was saying.

No worries. I seem to have done the same thing a few times here. Either I am too slow in my response or I apparently miss a post or two with the same information.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    First off, good luck with the surgery. You're probably looking forward to it while at the same time wishing it didn't have to happen. I wish you well my friend.

The .22 can has only had one range trip. I had to put it on DA's 10/22 TD. I do not yet own a gun to put it on, but I should by next week, if not sooner. First, I need to get this can taken care of. I might stop buy Engage(where I bought it) and see if there is something they can do with it. I consider this a little hiccup. Worst comes to worse, I'll run a drill through it, lol.

Correction: I bought this from Silencer Shop, not Engage

I just got an email from RF saying they will swap out the core so I should be gtg.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Correction: I bought this from Silencer Shop, not Engage

I just got an email from RF saying they will swap out the core so I should be gtg.

I’m glad to hear their customer support is working well. I hope it is a quick turnaround! I have found that YHM and Liberty have great customer service as well. I had an end cap strike on a YMH 5.56 supressor and it was fixed and back in my hands in under two weeks for free. On the Liberty supressor I had a round come apart in the mono core and they exchanged the entire core for free as well. It took them a little longer (about 4 weeks) but I would highly recommend them as well.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’m glad to hear their customer support is working well. I hope it is a quick turnaround! I have found that YHM and Liberty have great customer service as well. I had an end cap strike on a YMH 5.56 supressor and it was fixed and back in my hands in under two weeks for free. On the Liberty supressor I had a round come apart in the mono core and they exchanged the entire core for free as well. It took them a little longer (about 4 weeks) but I would highly recommend them as well.
    I just have to come up with my receipt. I know it's around here somewhere...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well that’s a new one. Your receipt should be your form 4. I am sure Silencer Shop has your receipt online and or they emailed it to you.
    Yeah, I'll go into my account when I get home. Between there, Engage, and my F4, shouldn't be a big deal.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I finally had time to delve into my suppressor today(back from vaca) and found my problem. The baffles on this can are crap! Full of metal obstructions. Here are some pics of the worst. I have contacted Radical Firearms and am waiting to hear back from them. :cool:

I think I'm seeing baffle strikes in the top pic at around 7 o'clock. It the second pic I think I'm seeing copper shavings at the protrusion.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think I'm seeing baffle strikes in the top pic at around 7 o'clock. It the second pic I think I'm seeing copper shavings at the protrusion.
    Could be. Bullets had to hit those obstructions. Shipping the can back to RF tomorrow. 2 day priority. Their dime. Said they'll either swap it out(core) or fix it.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    You should measure from the end of the muzzle (crown) back to the shoulder which would include the relief gap in the threads and the shoulder. If it is shorter than .600” SC recommends using their 1/2x28-1/2x28 adapter. The 1/2x28-1/2x25 was an error on their spec sheet and I didn’t realize that when I was typing. The adapter can be seen here https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/rimfire-adapters?variant=1107308244

I'm at .51 crown to shoulder. The supplied adapter is 0.25". Looks like I would need 0.11" which is thicker than any of the shims or crush washers I have found.

Not sure what to make out of that link and the "o-ring" because it says
    Adapt manufacturers' thread pitch to 1/2 X 28 with O-ring engagement for use with any SilencerCo or any other rimfire suppressor threaded in 1/2 X 28

I have a Walthers P22 and I know for sure the thread pitch is not 1/2 x 28. I also have a S&W MP 22 compact and this suppressor works fine without any adapter.

They list a 1/2 X 28 - 1/2 X 28 adapter.

Is that designed to seat on the barrel crown (unlike the spectre) or the the barrel shoulder? If it seats on the crown, couldn't they have done that with the suppressor?

If it seats on the shoulder, then it could have a space between the barrel and the adapter. The instructions say don't have a space between the barrel and the end of the suppressor. Maybe the adapter is stronger than the barrel side of the suppressor, but really? I wish I had known this before I bought the Spectre.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    I'm at .51 crown to shoulder. The supplied adapter is 0.25". Looks like I would need 0.11" which is thicker than any of the shims or crush washers I have found.

Not sure what to make out of that link and the "o-ring" because it says
    Adapt manufacturers' thread pitch to 1/2 X 28 with O-ring engagement for use with any SilencerCo or any other rimfire suppressor threaded in 1/2 X 28

I have a Walthers P22 and I know for sure the thread pitch is not 1/2 x 28. I also have a S&W MP 22 compact and this suppressor works fine without any adapter.

They list a 1/2 X 28 - 1/2 X 28 adapter.

Is that designed to seat on the barrel crown (unlike the spectre) or the the barrel shoulder? If it seats on the crown, couldn't they have done that with the suppressor?

If it seats on the shoulder, then it could have a space between the barrel and the adapter. The instructions say don't have a space between the barrel and the end of the suppressor. Maybe the adapter is stronger than the barrel side of the suppressor, but really? I wish I had known this before I bought the Spectre.

If the threads are .400” in length the Spectre indexes off the muzzle shoulder. The Spectre can also index off the muzzle crown if the threads are cut to match the Spectre thread specs. The adapter is used in situations where as in your case the barrel threads are greater than .400” but less than .600”.

Gemtec also makes a shim kit - https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/GEM...nting-Flash-Hiders-1-2-x-p/gt-peelwsh-556.htm which is used normally for indexing muzzle QDs but can be used for your purpose as well.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Could be. Bullets had to hit those obstructions. Shipping the can back to RF tomorrow. 2 day priority. Their dime. Said they'll either swap it out(core) or fix it.

Just heard back today(two days after shipping the can back) they put a new baffle core in the mail today and it's on the way back to me! That's great customer service!

Sorry BigDaddy, for piggybacking on your thread. I hope you are able to get your situation squared away ASAP. :thumbsup:

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Just heard back today(two days after shipping the can back) they put a new baffle core in the mail today and it's on the way back to me! That's great customer service!

Sorry BigDaddy, for piggybacking on your thread. I hope you are able to get your situation squared away ASAP. :thumbsup:

That’s awesome! Glad to hear they squared it away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom