• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    When I had surgery and was prescribed painkillers by my surgeon, I had to present my DL to the pharmacy, who copied it. Who knows where that info ends up.

I did not use them after they were prescribed. Glad I just toughed it out.

If I remember correctly, when the DEA comes to inspect pharmacy records they can point to the DL info to give to them to prove the right person was given the correct narcotic medication. If you have chronic pain and get refills on narcotic medications every month the pharmacy will ask for a letter from that doctors office so they can have on file when the DEA inspects the records to keep the DEA from asking why is this person getting this medication over and over and now a lot of the docs are e mailing the prescribed narcotic to the pharmacy to cut down on fake proscriptions.

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    I had my interview today.
    Investigator Right Waterloo barracks.
    Very nice and professional.
    Was there maybe 20 minutes.

521FF

Jul 23, 2016
    Owings, MD
    If your have a real documented business and can demonstrate at least one good and substantial reason for the permit, 4 (if you have a clean mental health and criminal record).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have rentals. I own 2. No actual "business".

I've been "told" by a few instructors I have a good probability of acquiring my license but in reality - since I don't actually have a registered business - do I have a chance?

Are there any pointers for those that are not a registered business but conduct business. Its not like I don't report my rental income - its on my taxes every year.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have rentals. I own 2. No actual "business".

I've been "told" by a few instructors I have a good probability of acquiring my license but in reality - since I don't actually have a registered business - do I have a chance?

Are there any pointers for those that are not a registered business but conduct business. Its not like I don't report my rental income - its on my taxes every year.

Carry permit aside, I highly recommend that you set up an LLC to shield your personal assets from your business assets. If something happens at one of your rentals that results in a law suit, you could lose your home and any other personal assets. I used Incorp to set mine up. I could have done it for less, but they take all the work out of it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 8, 2018
    Good Day All,

Submitted recently for the W&C, wanted to see if anyone had insight into the current timing and if there was a way to expedite it for security reasons.

Thanks in Advance

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Received my permit in the mail. I was expecting normal.
    ( while conducting business as Nobody enterprises) restrictions for my renewal even though i had my restrictions removed via the HPRB. Turned my permit over and lo and behold i received an unrestricted renewal. Needles to say i am pretty happy.

Someday you are the windshield

Nobody

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    From interview to receiving it in the mail was 2 weeks. I got it yesterday.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    It's been 5 weeks since submitting for my renewal and no word yet. Anyone else know time frame for renewal? This is my fourth renewal submission but I can't remember how long it took before.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    It's been 5 weeks since submitting for my renewal and no word yet. Anyone else know time frame for renewal? This is my fourth renewal submission but I can't remember how long it took before.

Mine took seven weeks about. No interview or contacting references

Nobody

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I'm having one heck of a time get the PDF to download on both my Mac and my PC can someone please just maybe be willing to email me the PDF Packet?

It would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    So for anyone else I used my PC in Internet Explorer with no issues. I then sent it to my MAC make I had to make Adobe Reader DC My default to open the form correctly hope this helps if all fails I can email it.

barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    Ive had a few friends get it, but have any other active duty personnel had any luck getting theirs? I have my friends ask me all the time and I honestly don’t have a clue how likely it is to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom