• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've got an EAA Big Bore Bounty Hunter that needs professional attention. It's a Colt clone of sorts, but with the Ruger transfer bar. Trigger is a bit heavy, and I noticed tonight that the cylinder stop doesn't always rise into the cylinder when it's cocked. I haven't shot it much, luckily. Seems a bit risky to shoot it again without getting it checked. I'm fond of my hands the way they are, and this is a .44 Mag.

Does anyone know a gunsmith who can handle this sort of thing, hopefully not too far from Bel Air? I'm not trying to make a silk purse from this sow's ear, just want to get it running properly.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    FYI - John Carduner was not interested, but he did give me another name to try locally. I'll keep you guys posted. I'd rather not ship it if I don't have to.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    FYI - John Carduner was not interested, but he did give me another name to try locally. I'll keep you guys posted. I'd rather not ship it if I don't have to.

There's a shop near Thurmont. Can't remember the name, but they do CAS stuff. I'm certain that they work on single action guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dr. Bob at FreeState was recommended. I'll drop it off as soon as my schedule allows.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Update: A buddy of mine has worked on a few black powder revolvers, and he suggested that we tear into this one. After a few beers and attempts to figure it out, we discovered that the pin in the hand had worked its way out. Tapped it back in to prove the theory, and now I've ordered a replacement.

I was thinking of trying to fix the pin, but the replacement part was cheap enough that I won't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom