• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We currently live between Laytonsville and Olney.

We spend more time in Olney because that's were our children attend school.

I'm almost a lifer in Mo Co. Born in DC moved here in the 1960s when I was very young. Attended Harmony Hills Elementary; Belt Jr High. Graduated from Wheaton HS in the late 1970s.

Wife is a Northwood graduate. We fondly remember Pops Pizza, Trolly Car, Original Jerrys and Wheaton Plaza before it was an enclosed mall. We also recall the days when kids who attended Gaithersburg High School were considered "farm boys". Anyone remember all the drag racing over the Conn Ave bridge just south of Aspen Hill?

Bought my first rifle from Randy @ Atlantic guns in the late 1970s. Cost me $88 and the standard model still had a real walnut stock. I last saw Randy a couple of years ago at Engage Armament. He's a factory rep now for some firearms company. He's still in the gun business after all these years.

Yup. Everyone used to meet up at the Burger Chef behind Citizens Bank(R.E. Peary '76).:thumbsup:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

Don't you mean South Poolesville?

in HS I dated a girl from Wootton HS and she lived off 28 and Dufief near the old red barn vet place. This was in the early 80's . It was Gaithersburg back then. hahaha

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Brookeville here. Capitol of the USA for a day in 1814 while the British were burning Washington DC. :patriot: Our claim to fame......but not much else has happened here since then. :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Brookeville here. Capitol of the USA for a day in 1814 while the British were burning Washington DC. :patriot: Our claim to fame......but not much else has happened here since then. :)

You have a very nice cemetery there...:innocent0

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Live near Walter Reed Annex in Silver Spring. Work in Bethesda when not on the road. Shoot mostly in Fredneck and On Target for pistol, PG Trap for Clays, and AGC for rifle. Where y'all other MoCo-ian's shoot? --JB

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Live near Walter Reed Annex in Silver Spring. Work in Bethesda when not on the road. Shoot mostly in Fredneck and On Target for pistol, PG Trap for Clays, and AGC for rifle. Where y'all other MoCo-ian's shoot? --JB

NRA

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    How do you fellow MoCo people feel like a meetup sometime this month? It has been quite some time since we gathered at Miller's Ale House so it would be nice to see old faces and some new ones as well. Friday nights are pretty hairy in there so maybe an off day like Wednesday or Thursday around 7PM? If I get enough interest I can go ahead and reserve a spot there on a day that works for most.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How do you fellow MoCo people feel like a meetup sometime this month? It has been quite some time since we gathered at Miller's Ale House so it would be nice to see old faces and some new ones as well. Friday nights are pretty hairy in there so maybe an off day like Wednesday or Thursday around 7PM? If I get enough interest I can go ahead and reserve a spot there on a day that works for most.

That's five minutes from my shop...:innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's still Rockville to those of us who grew up here. It's NP to newb wannabee's who can't afford to live in the real Potomac.

Posers all.

Sent from my PC using Windows 10

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Westwood, Brentwood and Bel Air and Holmby Hills are BH adjacent.

not too shabby if that's what you're looking for.

not quite the same

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom