• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMCometh

Jan 20, 2010
    Fallston
    Looks very nice. If you've got the money to spare...I'd say go for it. Only get a shot at life once. Might as well enjoy it! :party29:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    For 5K it better have the the original FG42's select fire capability of firing full auto with an open bolt and semi from a closed bolt. That is it's main feature. Of course you won't get an original for even close to that price considering an original STG-44 goes for $12K.
    $5k is just too much for a semi-auto replica in my book. Just can't see the benefit of owning a replica of one of the badass guns of WWII and it not being able to deliver on the looks. But to each his own.
    The link works for me fine.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Quality costs money. I have handled these rifles and they are worth every penny of the 5K price tag. NOTHING was done on the cheap and EVERYTHING was done to produce an heirloom Quality product. You want 1K? Buy a mass produced modern firearm. You want a useable investment built with meticulous attention to detail forgotten in todays industry? Buy an SMG FG42.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Quality costs money. I have handled these rifles and they are worth every penny of the 5K price tag. NOTHING was done on the cheap and EVERYTHING was done to produce an heirloom Quality product. You want 1K? Buy a mass produced modern firearm. You want a useable investment built with meticulous attention to detail forgotten in todays industry? Buy an SMG FG42.

+1.

I think paying the amount an original goes for is insane. The 5k is a bargain in my opinion.

Plus 5k MG's are crappy, unreliable, POS MAC's, Tec's, and some uncomfortable-to-shoot tube guns that require stamps plus the government up your a** for the rest of your life.

Yea ill take the 5k FG-42 quality replica that I can do a lot more with as well as have modern domestic ammo that I can walk into any gun store in America to shoot :party29: .

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Well as a German MG owner... I have to agree.

Look $5K on a semi auto is a LOT. If you are going to spend $5K on any semi auto, this would probably be the one.

However if you are not looking at it from the Semi vs. FA market but from the German collector market, things change a good bit! I have seen a parts kit with a 3 torched cut FG42 receiver sell on GB for over $10K!!! Original FA FG42s are usually over $100K Yes one of the most expensive MGs out there.

This is not a Semi auto pistol caliber gun! Its not a 223 gun. Its a full size rifle cartridge. Meaning that if you screw something up, its going to blow up!

Then they are making every part! The OOW BAR semi auto is made with a lot of surplus parts and still runs what? $4K plus? This is all new parts which also means more expensive. The semi auto design is complex and its a small firm doing the work. OOW already had much of the equipment to do the BARs.

Considering all its a fine gun at a fine price. The question just comes down to if you want to spend that kind of money. Frankly I think the $2.5K plus quality M14 semi autos are more overpriced than this gun and they did not have any of the design problems.

I have gone away from semi autos, however if I had not, I would buy one... especially if when they come out with the first model. I just like the looks of that one better.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    +1.

I think paying the amount an original goes for is insane. The 5k is a bargain in my opinion.

Plus 5k MG's are crappy, unreliable, POS MAC's, Tec's, and some uncomfortable-to-shoot tube guns that require stamps plus the government up your a** for the rest of your life.

Yea ill take the 5k FG-42 quality replica that I can do a lot more with as well as have modern domestic ammo that I can walk into any gun store in America to shoot :party29: .

Not insane because it actually is a rare piece of history that was made by the Nazis.

Government up your ass the rest of your life like how?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Not insane because it actually is a rare piece of history that was made by the Nazis.

If one wants to spend that much fine but I don't see the value in it anymore now that this company is making them. They also build it in the original 8mm Mauser too....

Plus if something goes wrong or breaks on an original you are out of luck finding a gunsmith who knows the intricacies of this design not to mention finding original parts. At least this repro has a company to back it with a warranty if something were to go wrong.

Government up your ass the rest of your life like how?

Like having to notify them each and every time you leave your state with it. Better not forget....

Same with moving better get your ducks in a row to notify them of your new address.

Being registered in a database. Yea they have it already with 4473's but they actually have to work to know what you have unlike with MG's being heavily regulated under NFA.

Maryland itself requires a $10 annual registration fee so now you are on their radar. With the amount of gun control coming out of Annapolis it is only a matter of time when they get around to banning them too with 0 compensation.

So yea I'd rather have this than a POS MAC-10 and its associated hassles for the same price.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    If one wants to spend that much fine but I don't see the value in it anymore now that this company is making them. They also build it in the original 8mm Mauser too....

Plus if something goes wrong or breaks on an original you are out of luck finding a gunsmith who knows the intricacies of this design not to mention finding original parts. At least this repro has a company to back it with a warranty if something were to go wrong.

Like having to notify them each and every time you leave your state with it. Better not forget....

Same with moving better get your ducks in a row to notify them of your new address.

Being registered in a database. Yea they have it already with 4473's but they actually have to work to know what you have unlike with MG's being heavily regulated under NFA.

Maryland itself requires a $10 annual registration fee so now you are on their radar. With the amount of gun control coming out of Annapolis it is only a matter of time when they get around to banning them too with 0 compensation.

So yea I'd rather have this than a POS MAC-10 and its associated hassles for the same price.

I'd argue the opposite, these guns are cool on their own but have little historical value. To each his own.

Bet you in 10 years my POS Mac sells for significantly more than this gun. Besides the fact that m11s with Lage Uppers routinely crush other smgs in subgun shoots. The Max31 is a beast.

As far as NFA paperwork, not really a big deal after getting your stamp.

But again to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom