• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    They've got a lot of different models of the Truglo dot sight - too many actually. Several are under $100. Assume that I'd be putting it on a .22 or 9mm carbine, so recoil won't be an issue.

Is it worth it? Or are they junk? Not sure if I need fancy reticles and multi-colors, but it'd be fun if the optic was okay.

Or should I just get a TRS-25? It's already known to be a good deal and fairly robust. They're boring but solid.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Will the TRS-25 fit on the Weaver rail of a 10/22 (the one that comes with it). I have a Fastfire that works on Picatinny, but not Weaver (crossbar is too tall).

Q

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    You get what you pay for in scopes or red dots. Then again if you are not shooting for a living or shooting a lot of competition there is little sense in blowing $200+ for a C-More, when something in the under $100 range will do.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    FWIW. I have a $40 truglow and a $29 amazon special. Ones on a .22 rifle and the other on a .22 pistol. Been using them for over 4 years now for rimfire steel challenges. They both have held up well with over 3000 rounds thru each. I've won several matches and beat out guys with c-mores, burriss, etc. Reflex sights are better for quick acquisition of targets than the tube style.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    FWIW. I have a $40 truglow and a $29 amazon special. Ones on a .22 rifle and the other on a .22 pistol. Been using them for over 4 years now for rimfire steel challenges. They both have held up well with over 3000 rounds thru each. I've won several matches and beat out guys with c-mores, burriss, etc. Reflex sights are better for quick acquisition of targets than the tube style.

I'll bet the guys with high dollar stuff aren't too fond of this lol

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I have the Bushnell TRS-25 on 2 of my AR's and bought one for the AR that I gave my daughter. It's a great sight for the money. My only complaint is that if you don't use Loctite the mounting screws will loosen over time and the sight will move, but that's true of all optics.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    Truglow is sh!t. IMO. It was the 1st sight i bought because of the price range. Tried it in my 1st AR, Sh!t. Put it on a shotgun, Sh!t. works well on my telescope for lining up the viewfinder with the moon, ...nah...still Sh!t.

In seriousness, the body of the Truglow took up too much of my visual space. the thickness of the body silhouette was distracting and limiting for me. When I dig it out from the storage shed in a few weeks I'm gonna give it to my son for his nerf gun.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

Truglow is sh!t. IMO. It was the 1st sight i bought because of the price range. Tried it in my 1st AR, Sh!t. Put it on a shotgun, Sh!t. works well on my telescope for lining up the viewfinder with the moon, ...nah...still Sh!t.

In seriousness, the body of the Truglow took up too much of my visual space. the thickness of the body silhouette was distracting and limiting for me. When I dig it out from the storage shed in a few weeks I'm gonna give it to my son for his nerf gun.

pretty damn funny, and true. lololol

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    I have rotated the same TRS-25 on a 5.56 rifle, a 9mm AR pistol, a 12g Mossberg 500, and a 10/22, and I’ve been amazed at the abuse it’s sustained while still holding zero. It’s my go-to optic whenever I get a new long gun and don’t have an optic for it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom