• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    They're just opening themselves up for a HUGE lawsuit. I wish I was 18 or 19 and on active duty again!!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Dicks was going to be easy to never shop at again. Wal Mart will be much harder to never set foot in again.

Yeah...:sad20: I've sworn them off before for other reasons, but it's hard to stay away. When they finally stop selling ammo completely, they'll cease to exist for good for me.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I haven't set foot in a Walmart since Xmas eve 2014. They broke my car during a routine oil change. I don't know how much they have lost in profit from me transferring my RX and doing shopping elsewhere but I take every opportunity to tell people not to shop there. If one of there employees does something wrong that causes you a loss then you will be on your own.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Yeah...:sad20: I've sworn them off before for other reasons, but it's hard to stay away. When they finally stop selling ammo completely, they'll cease to exist for good for me.

Problem for me is they are close to work, and it will mean going 20 mins out of my way onto the busy side of town to pay more for the same item.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    How can they reject a non-prohibited purchaser? Isn’t this akin to a bakery refusing to sell to a gay couple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the state. In NJ you cannot discriminate by age because its in their law but other states only have race as a non discriminatory factor. That is why the gay thing was such a hot topic.

Dick's announcement only affected the states that didn't have this law on their books. They clearly though about this statement before giving it because their lawyers looked at it first.

Seems to me the antis are really pounding their message to bend the corporations to their will. They are organized and seething. What is bad is the response from the 2A community will take a while to hit their balance sheet and then it is difficult to register why they have lost sales. Louder 2A voices are needed now. Georgia Senate stepped up but they are but one.

This is not good.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well the good news is since all the retailers are not selling to under 21's, the govt doesn't need to put any actual laws in place raising the age limit.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    How can they reject a non-prohibited purchaser? Isn’t this akin to a bakery refusing to sell to a gay couple?

This is even worse, as it is denying a civil right. I would like to see an 18 - 20 year old file a lawsuit.

I also posted this thought in one of the Dick's threads.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is even worse, as it is denying a civil right. I would like to see an 18 - 20 year old file a lawsuit.

I also posted this thought in one of the Dick's threads.

So a single 18 year old mother cannot buy a rifle to protect her home and children? A 20
    Year old female cannot buy a shotgun to guard against the abusive boyfriend she just broke up with?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The NRA is taking a lot of hits. Corporate America - and most of the general public- have no interest in getting more AR15s/AKs in circulation.

Dont be so sure. Corporate America is a lot less popular than the NRA.

Wal Mart is trying to be all urban, upscale, and Amazonian. They really are badly managed. Although not as badly as Dicks

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So a single 18 year old mother cannot buy a rifle to protect her home and children? A 20
    Year old female cannot buy a shotgun to guard against the abusive boyfriend she just broke up with?

Correct, and these are the perfect profiles for plaintiffs in a civil rights lawsuit. This would be something that the SCOTUS might take up.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Correct, and these are the perfect profiles for plaintiffs in a civil rights lawsuit. This would be something that the SCOTUS might take up.

Not likely. Other than being a woman, she's not in a federally legally protected class. And the store isn't denying the sale on the basis of her gender. Age discrimination against the young is not illegal. Maryland law may be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom