• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah man. Half backs and Floridiots and an HOA.

Some things need balance. I wanted deep in the woods. She wanted neighbor's she could see.

Since there's direct deposit of retirement checks AND she's the last wife I'll have, we're in a mountain "community". It's all good.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My wife used to live in Reston. You can keep that place too. I could see the farms being developed all around her condo complex. Granted, I can see the same thing happening in western Howard County too. Northern Virginia is only better than central Maryland because Virginia is a much bigger state than Maryland with a lot of rural area to it.

In 2013, my wife and I were looking at places outside of Richmond. Now, we are committed to living here until the last one graduates high school. I have 15 more years at the minimum and will fight whenever I can.

Things can change. Nothing is ever set in stone. A decade ago, who would have thought that the majority of Americans would not be in favor of an assault weapons ban. Those are the current poll results.

Things can indeed change. Change tends to happen slowly, and typically requires a compelling catalyst, or a combination of such catalysts. For Maryland, that might be another Baltimore riot. Or a terrorist attack in the Baltimore Washington corridor, rather than 3000 miles away in San Bernardino. Or the published release of inmates, and obvious questions surrounding the criminal justice system generally. Or a perception that all is not well with the economy, with the monetary system, with any number of perceived and cumulative factors.

Can't blame a man for leaving. Hell, if not for work and family, I'd be far enough away from this state myself that they'd be piping sunshine in. But I don't think all is hopeless. Sometimes, it's hard times that tend to wake people up, and change minds. And unless I miss my guess, there are unfortunately some harder times coming.

There is room to fight and win in MD.

Busch won his seat by the skin of his teeth. Even a half assed campaign against him would probably send him back to his real job all year. The other 2 delegates from the same district are 2A friendly Repblicans.

Incrementalism works both ways.

Surrendering without fighting is LOOSING by your own hand. This is NOT FRANCE!

The other delegates from his district wouldn't become the next speaker. The next speaker will be another anti gun liberal...Replacing Busch and Miller will have very little affect on the agenda of the liberals in the GA. Incrementalism will not work when you are replacing delegates and senators with more liberals...The state is 2/3 democrat...

I think there are many people here under the delusion that somehow the state is just going to replace democrats with republicans when history shows democrats are replaced with more democrats in the vast number of cases.

The ONLY chance Maryland has of ever getting a SHALL ISSUE law is through a court ruling..And because of past court input, getting a case to the court is going to be nearly impossible..

Let's face fact...the majority of voters in the state have spoken. They don't want a SHALL ISSUE or they would vote for candidates that would pass such..Sorry to inform you but MAY ISSUE is here to stay..Those who get their denials overturned by the HPRB will likely lose it on their first renewal after the next democrat Governor is elected. The best way to ensure that you can exercise your 2A right to bear arms is to move out of this state...

mtb

May 24, 2011
    The libs are spreading though, so you are just postponing things by moving out of state. I say stay and fight.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    This is not my home State. I am positioned to move back to my home State. I just have to finish paying off the cars to get rid of the debt and then I will be free to move. No matter which State you move to or if you stay in Maryland. You need to get active and fight against the progressive agenda that seeks to remove the protections of our right to keep and bear arms. It is a never ending fight.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    you are just postponing things by moving out of state. I say stay and fight.
    I respect this sentiment greatly. And while I'm here, I'm going to fight.

But I'm also not going to live forever, and I'd rather spend the time I've got with the rights I should have. If I move to somewhere else, I've got a decade or two before the gun-banners catch up to me, if they ever do. If I stay in MD... I'm screwed. Best case, things stay the same, which means I'm living with vastly reduced rights. More likely case, we're getting hit with some horrific new version of the AWB in a decade or two that we may or may not fend off. The 95 corridor has turned into an over-taxed nanny state with bad weather. I'm not sure I'd want to stay here even with great gun laws.

Ergo, I am looking for the escape route. And when it appears, I'll be taking it. In the meantime, I fight the good fight.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    The libs are spreading though, so you are just postponing things by moving out of state. I say stay and fight.

No, they aren't. You have it very, very bad in Maryland. I sill have trouble getting used to the freedom in Colorado and I've been here a year and a half.

For example - this weekend I'm going on a camping trip with a group of friends who are all buschcrafters and survivalists. The spot where we are camping is public land, so it's free. We don't even have to register anywhere. We are going to hunt small game for dinner. We can set up targets and shoot almost anywhere. Outside of private land, there is nowhere in Maryland where you can step out of your car, toss out a few cans, and start plinking. Here we do, everywhere, all the time. We practice manuevering while shooting. Can't do that at Elk Neck. Each night we do a night shoot with our carry guns and home defense guns and defensive ammo so we can prepare ourselves for the muzzle flash in the dark and to learn to aim and shoot in the dark. Can't do that in Maryland. I'll have my Glock 21 on my hip and an AR in my tent all weekend. Can't do that in Maryland.

Like I said earlier, Colorado is 1/3 D, 1/3 R, 1/3 I. The Colorado State Senate is 18 R, 17 D. The House is 34 D to 31 R. We have one R US Senator and one D US Senator. We have 3 D and 4 R Congress members. The state is almost perfectly balanced. Neither side can pass any extreme BS bills like Maryland does.

There are more states passing pro gun bills than anti-gun bills. Maryland really is one of the worst states in the union. I don't see it getting any better unless a Katrina-type event occurs and 1000's of poor democrats are bussed out of state to New York or Philadelphia the way New Orleans shifted 1000's to Houston. There is just no way to restore balance in Maryland when it is so far left.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The other delegates from his district wouldn't become the next speaker. The next speaker will be another anti gun liberal...Replacing Busch and Miller will have very little affect on the agenda of the liberals in the GA. Incrementalism will not work when you are replacing delegates and senators with more liberals...The state is 2/3 democrat...

I think there are many people here under the delusion that somehow the state is just going to replace democrats with republicans when history shows democrats are replaced with more democrats in the vast number of cases.

The ONLY chance Maryland has of ever getting a SHALL ISSUE law is through a court ruling..And because of past court input, getting a case to the court is going to be nearly impossible..

Let's face fact...the majority of voters in the state have spoken. They don't want a SHALL ISSUE or they would vote for candidates that would pass such..Sorry to inform you but MAY ISSUE is here to stay..Those who get their denials overturned by the HPRB will likely lose it on their first renewal after the next democrat Governor is elected. The best way to ensure that you can exercise your 2A right to bear arms is to move out of this state...

Don't underestimate the stupidity of MD voters. Look how many thought we would become shall issue when Hogan was elected? That's just stupid republican voters. Now add in the stupid Democrat voters. Furthermore I've met tons of MD democrats who ideologically are Republicans, yet still vote for Democrats because it's their party. Seriously when you are out there on the streets like I was during the last election, the stupidity level is alarming.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of MD voters. Look how many thought we would become shall issue when Hogan was elected? That's just stupid republican voters. Now add in the stupid Democrat voters. Furthermore I've met tons of MD democrats who ideologically are Republicans, yet still vote for Democrats because it's their party. Seriously when you are out there on the streets like I was during the last election, the stupidity level is alarming.

Like the fearless leader of MSI...Registered D....

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Moved to VA for the 'less than ultra liberal Universities'. I established 'In State' status to save a few $$$ on tuition, room and board. I also moved to a 'resort community' on the lake. After my daughter completes her education, I'm free to live anywhere. This is not the Soviet Union. We are all AMERICAN citizens and we are free to move between states. People are leaving MD in droves and illegal aliens are taking their place. I'll fight for 2A rights wherever I go. People can make excuses about why they can't leave, or don't want to. I get that. The cost of moving is not cheap, but it was offset by a significant savings and a better quality of life. I didn't run from MD, I ran to VA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I have all but given up on seeing any significant improvements in MD as far as 2A, tax burdens and other freedoms in my remaining lifetime. the urban liberals have control of the state and I just don't see that changing.

For my kids and grandkids sakes I would like to hope I am wrong.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    I'm unfortunately stuck in MD for at least the next 5 years, maybe up to 10 years. I plan on moving but until then I'll fight like hell. Its not just MD that is at risk, every state is at risk. Our country is at risk.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I will leave once I retire but more a tax issue. A big part of my retirement funds will be via a Military Pension. A fair number of states won't tax that and that is a benefit hard to overlook.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'm unfortunately stuck in MD for at least the next 5 years, maybe up to 10 years. I plan on moving but until then I'll fight like hell. Its not just MD that is at risk, every state is at risk. Our country is at risk.

Bingo... Recent changes in firearms laws and permit restrictions in Pa. and Va. prove this to be the truth. Both states now have "Bloomberg bought and paid for" governors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom