• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    See Vendor Response on Post #7:

This all went down pre virus y'all, when shipping was smooth.

I provide my correct shipping address. Joe Bobs screwed it up. Now they have cancelled my account for their mistake. Here is how it happened.

I placed an order with my correct address. They screwed it up by adding a unit number to my address when there is no unit #. I don't live in an apartment, the address is the address.

The address I provided was accurate, fed ex confirmed it was the shipper (Joe bobs) who had to correct the error, since there is no unit # for me to provide.

When redirected by fed ex back to Joe Bobs, I was met by a very rude, arrogant, condescending representative over Joe Bobs chat feature on their site.
    After repeated attempts asking for a manager I was repeatedly told I was speaking to the manager in charge who also claimed to be the Vice president of the company. ;)

I eventually got the shipment, but when I tried to log in on their site today, I found that my account had been cancelled.

This is what was sent to me by the rep on the website chat feature today:
    "It appears there was an issue in the past with an order involving FedEx and needing an address changed so we've decided as a company that it is in our best interest to not continue a business relationship with you and your account has been cancelled. You would not be able to place any further orders with us."

I spent a ton of money on Joe Bobs site, get the run around on shipment, then they cancel my account for their mistake? :tdown::tdown:

This was a very different customer service experience from when I had dealt with Joe Bob's in the past.

I had actually considered spending more money on the website even after the shipping and customer service issues.

Now, I wont spend another dollar at Joe Bobs and hope others know not to also.

I was going to let the shipping and customer service issues slide, but now that Joe Bobs has chosen to cancel my account for their error, I want to make sure everyone knows their deal.

Bad business buyer beware. They are admittedly understaffed (this was before the virus), with nasty rude employees from top to bottom these days.:banghead:

I used to be a big fan, no more:sad20:

Last edited by a moderator:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

my exact initial response, I knew why before they told me.

I guess you actually talked to the vp.

Maybe, same guy named Tyler emailed me back a couple days later, saw my work signature and said something along the lines that I must understand being short staffed me being in management.
    Still doubt it though.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    This all went down pre virus y'all, when shipping was smooth.

I provide my correct shipping address. Joe Bobs screwed it up. Now they have cancelled my account for their mistake. Here is how it happened.

I placed an order with my correct address. They screwed it up by adding a unit number to my address when there is no unit #. I don't live in an apartment, the address is the address.

The address I provided was accurate, fed ex confirmed it was the shipper (Joe bobs) who had to correct the error, since there is no unit # for me to provide.

When redirected by fed ex back to Joe Bobs, I was met by a very rude, arrogant, condescending representative over Joe Bobs chat feature on their site.
    After repeated attempts asking for a manager I was repeatedly told I was speaking to the manager in charge who also claimed to be the Vice president of the company. ;)

I eventually got the shipment, but when I tried to log in on their site today, I found that my account had been cancelled.

This is what was sent to me by the rep on the website chat feature today:
    "It appears there was an issue in the past with an order involving FedEx and needing an address changed so we've decided as a company that it is in our best interest to not continue a business relationship with you and your account has been cancelled. You would not be able to place any further orders with us."

I spent a ton of money on Joe Bobs site, get the run around on shipment, then they cancel my account for their mistake? :tdown::tdown:

This was a very different customer service experience from when I had dealt with Joe Bob's in the past.

I had actually considered spending more money on the website even after the shipping and customer service issues.

Now, I wont spend another dollar at Joe Bobs and hope others know not to also.

I was going to let the shipping and customer service issues slide, but now that Joe Bobs has chosen to cancel my account for their error, I want to make sure everyone knows their deal.

Bad business buyer beware. They are admittedly understaffed (this was before the virus), with nasty rude employees from top to bottom these days.:banghead:

I used to be a big fan, no more:sad20:

Since you have called us out publicly and cast my business in a very negative light I feel like I should be more candid and transparent than I typically am with customer interactions. I personally disagree with the way you have characterized my business and my employees' conduct of which I'll summarize below.

We didn't cancel your account because of OUR error. We cancelled your account because of your conduct and how you treated my employees. We very rarely cancel accounts but my employees do have the latitude to cancel accounts if they feel a customer is not acting in a normal polite manner. The circumstances did not warrant your attitude and hostility towards employees or incessant contacts with my employees. You were over the top, to put it politely. You continue even until this day, apparently, to blame us for an error that did not fall on us.

Claim #1: "I placed an order with my correct address. They screwed it up by adding a unit number to my address when there is no unit #. I don't live in an apartment, the address is the address. "

Answer #1: You did correctly type in your address. However, we didn't screw anything up. We didn't add or subtract anything from your address. Our web-cart pushes data into our shipping software via API with 0 manual intervention. Your address was perfectly fine on the address label. The issue lies with an error on Fedex's end. A driver either accidentally or intentionally stated that the package could not be delivered due to missing a suite or apartment number. That type of situation is completely outside of the sender or receiver's purview. We called Fedex the next morning and the package was delivered later that morning. There was nothing wrong with the label on the package or anything within our control.

Unfortunately this type of situation is normally chalked up to 'stuff happens' vs a big blown up ordeal and forum posts and BBB threats and the whole shebang. Most people would let us know about the issue and let us handle it. Most people would give a professional courtesy and a little time so a business could address a problem. Most people would be understanding about a minor mishap. You are not most people, apparently.

Normally in these types of situation we would call Fedex to see what was going on for sure and the issue would work itself out within a day or so. This type of situation did not warrant at LEAST (2) calls, (1) chat, and (1) email all within the span of 30 minutes demanding that we contact Fedex immediately along with added insults to my employees, threats to our business, etc.

See screenshots below showing tracking info and the address as it appeared on your label with only (1) line of text and no suite or appt number:

Claim #2: "I spent a ton of money on Joe Bobs site, get the run around on shipment, then they cancel my account for their mistake?"

Answer #2: You have placed (1) $200 order with us in 2015 and (1) $400 order in 2020. While we appreciate the business, unfortunately, we do have to draw the line on customer behavior somewhere. You had far exceeded that line and unfortunately we did cancel your account. We didn't cancel your account because of a mistake that Fedex made. We made that call based on your behavior.

Claim #3 : They are admittedly understaffed (this was before the virus), with nasty rude employees from top to bottom these days.

Answer #3: We are properly staffed to ship out THOUSANDS of orders a week to THOUSANDS of customers and address most problems within 1 business day. That does not mean, however, that we have enough labor that at any given time we can drop everything that we are doing to call Fedex to inquire about a package issue. That is typically done at the end of the day as things wind down. It is incredibly unreasonable to expect a business to drop everything they are doing to look into an issue for you. Sometimes things take time and unfortunately we have a lot of customers and employees to take care of.

In this particular case I was personally away at SHOT Show in Vegas so we we had less labor floating around than normal. Needless to say, I put in a lot of time and energy into the business so when I'm gone people do have to cover down in my absence. Hence, there would rarely be excess labor on a day when I'm out of town.

I'm not sure how else to phrase this but...you were particularly needy about this issue which caused even more bottlenecks. Sometimes the squeaky wheel causes more problems vs gets taken care of ahead of everyone else politely waiting on the sidelines, unfortunately.

I'll reiterate: You called, emailed, and chatted numerous times all within a 30 minute span demanding my employees stop everything they were doing to call Fedex for your particular concern. (5) contacts with us within 30 minutes is extremely excessive. The attitude and profanity also were excessive.

The chat transcript from 1/22/2020 is below:

Name: AJRB
    E-mail:
    ----------
    Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:55:32 pm America/Chicago)
    Hello. How may I help you?

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:56:06 pm)
    I would like to know the manager of your representative named Tyler

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:57:31 pm)
    ignoring me isnt going to work

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:57:39 pm)
    As I told you on the phone I'm the manager

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:57:47 pm)
    Is there anything else I can help you with?

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:57:51 pm)
    who is your boss wise guy?

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:58:24 pm)
    There's no one else for you to speak to about the issue today.

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:59:03 pm)
    the issue is no longer about the delivery its about your poor customer service

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:59:17 pm)
    I will be happy t oget your boss on the line tomorrow

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:59:26 pm)
    And there's no one above me for you to speak to at the time.

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:59:30 pm)
    Nor will there be tomorrow

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 02:59:58 pm)
    your digging yourself a nice hole

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:00:09 pm)
    you heard of the BBB?

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:00:51 pm)
    Yes I have. You're delaying us being able to resolve you issue by tying up our customer service resources now for the 3rd time in ~15 mins.

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:01:14 pm)
    maybe you should do your job and pick up the phone and call fed ex

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:01:38 pm)
    I wouldnt be reaching bakc had you done your job

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:02:00 pm)
    see how this works

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:02:14 pm)
    Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to do that since you notified us of the issue as I've been busy answering other phone calls and helping with customers on our chat service.

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:02:41 pm)
    The longer I'm tied up with those tasks, the more time it will take before your issue can be addressed.

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:02:42 pm)
    maybe you should hire some more people if you cant handle your work load Tyler

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:03:04 pm)
    your the manager right?

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:03:23 pm)
    very poor experience Tyler, shame

Tyler (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:03:24 pm)
    Yes I am

AJRB (Wed, 1/22/2020, 03:04:13 pm)
    I'l lwait to report to BBB unti lwe see what happens wit hthis order

Insulting the employee, who is trying to do his job and help customers like yourself, is likely not the best course of action. Threatening BBB action because an employee hasn't called Fedex within 10 minutes (literally) about a delayed package is probably not the best course of action. From our notes on our end it doesn't like you were very friendly and pleasant on the phone, either.

You then sent an email within 30 minutes of your chat:

I want to report a very bad experience I have had ordering from you.

There was a problem with my address with the tracking site suggesting I call fed ex to clear up. Fed Ex tells me they are missing a apartment or suite number and cant deliver. I explained to fed ex I don't live in an apartment and the address showing is exactly correct.
    Fed Ex explains they require the sender (YOU) has to call because of a restriction.

This is where this experience gets bad, I don't mind calling fed ex a couple times. What I do mind is your customer service rep Tyler speak to me like a condescending little jerk that he is. When I asked for Tylers manager he told me he is the customer service manager. Is this true? I highly doubt it given his unprofessional demeanor. Either Tyler is telling the truth which is concerning, or he's lying which is just as concerning.

After I called fed ex back a 3rd time to see if Tyler had called, fed ex said they hadn't heard from anyone, it would be noted if they had. I called back you guys and got Tyler on the phone again, and this jerk has the nerve to tell me it's my fault the call wasn't made because I am keeping him from other tasks by calling back again. I WOULDN'T BE CALLING BACK AGAIN IF YOU GUYS WERE DOING YOUR JOB, AND REACHING OUT TO FED EX TO CLEAR UP THE ADDRESS PROBLEM.

Are you guys so short staffed you have 1 guy working customer service? Is your customer support department even a department or is it 1 guy handling everything?

I'll wait to see what happens with this order before I post anywhere online, on the many forums you are also a member of, or to the BBB.

Your chat transcript from earlier today is below:

Name: AJRB
    E-mail: aaronjrb@hotmail.com
    ----------
    Jeff (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:41:02 pm America/Chicago)
    Hello. How may I help you?

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:41:22 pm)

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:41:25 pm)
    Your account has been cancelled. Please contact customer service if you wish to re-activate your account.

Jeff (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:41:41 pm)
    Let me pull up your account.

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:42:01 pm)
    ty

Jeff (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:44:10 pm)
    It appears there was an issue in the past with an order involving FedEx and needing an address changed so we've decided as a company that it is in our best interest to not continue a business relationship with you and your account has been cancelled. You would not be able to place any further orders with us.

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:45:13 pm)
    I provided the correct address and you guys screwed it up. Mow you have cancelled my account because of your mistake?

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:46:31 pm)
    the real issue is I called your vice president an arrogant prick, that he is....your loss, I use to spend a lot of money with you guys...now it will be a BBB complaint CHEERS !!

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:47:26 pm)
    MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULDN'T HAVE THE VICE PRESIDENT BEING AN ******* TO CUSTOMERS IN YOUR UDERSTAFFED BUSINESS

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:48:35 pm)
    YOU GUYS SUCK THIS WILL GO ON EVERY FORUM ON THE WEB LOSERS

Jeff (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:49:06 pm)
    Have a great day

AJRB (Thu, 3/26/2020, 03:49:44 pm)
    FIND A NEW COMPANY TO WORK FOR SERIOUSLY YOUR BOSSES ARE THE WORST

Ahh, yes. Cursing at and insulting employees is probably not the best course of action. In your chat you admitted to calling the last employee you spoke to, Tyler, a prick. Again, that type of colorful language is probably not the most appropriate in this situation.

TLDR: You were being overbearing, rude, and impatient over an issue that was outside of both of our controls. You cursed at employees. You insulted employees. You threatened our business. Then you made this post. I think you made a mountain out of a mole hill, dude, and you may need to chill a little. You should probably sit back and just let things happen like normal vs trying to rudely shove your wishes down someone's throat. Very minor issues like this are not something to flip your lid over. This post likely says more about your own personality and conflict resolution skills than it does my business.

Unfortunately, due to all of the above, we did cancel your account and we stand by that decision. I didn't make that decision but I would have been more frank with you than my employees were able to had I been around. If we had to deal with stuff like this with every customer interaction I wouldn't be able to retain a single employee. I'm forced to spend 30 minutes typing out this diatribe instead of spending time with my wife and 10 month old daughter, unfortunately. To those who are reading this: I apologize for the giant wall of text I just wrote and pasted

Attachments

• AB.JPG
      AB.JPG
      4.6 KB · Views: 2,890
    • Tracking.JPG
      Tracking.JPG
      15.4 KB · Views: 2,877

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Placed an order inside of the last week. Paid normal prices and was in the mail the next day. Way to set the record straight!!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    That was probably the most politely brutal internet bitch slap I have ever seen.

I really don't need to buy anything. But, I will find something to buy so I can order it, receive it quickly and come back here to rave about what great customer service I received.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Since you have called us out publicly and cast my business in a very negative light I feel like I should be more candid and transparent than I typically am with customer interactions. I personally disagree with the way you have characterized my business and my employees' conduct of which I'll summarize below.

We didn't cancel your account because of OUR error. We cancelled your account because of your conduct and how you treated my employees. We very rarely cancel accounts but my employees do have the latitude to cancel accounts if they feel a customer is not acting in a normal polite manner. The circumstances did not warrant your attitude and hostility towards employees or incessant contacts with my employees. You were over the top, to put it politely. You continue even until this day, apparently, to blame us for an error that did not fall on us.

Claim #1: "I placed an order with my correct address. They screwed it up by adding a unit number to my address when there is no unit #. I don't live in an apartment, the address is the address. "

Answer #1: You did correctly type in your address. However, we didn't screw anything up. We didn't add or subtract anything from your address. Our web-cart pushes data into our shipping software via API with 0 manual intervention. Your address was perfectly fine on the address label. The issue lies with an error on Fedex's end. A driver either accidentally or intentionally stated that the package could not be delivered due to missing a suite or apartment number. That type of situation is completely outside of the sender or receiver's purview. We called Fedex the next morning and the package was delivered later that morning. There was nothing wrong with the label on the package or anything within our control.

Unfortunately this type of situation is normally chalked up to 'stuff happens' vs a big blown up ordeal and forum posts and BBB threats and the whole shebang. Most people would let us know about the issue and let us handle it. Most people would give a professional courtesy and a little time so a business could address a problem. Most people would be understanding about a minor mishap. You are not most people, apparently.

Normally in these types of situation we would call Fedex to see what was going on for sure and the issue would work itself out within a day or so. This type of situation did not warrant at LEAST (2) calls, (1) chat, and (1) email all within the span of 30 minutes demanding that we contact Fedex immediately along with added insults to my employees, threats to our business, etc.

See screenshots below showing tracking info and the address as it appeared on your label with only (1) line of text and no suite or appt number:

Claim #2: "I spent a ton of money on Joe Bobs site, get the run around on shipment, then they cancel my account for their mistake?"

Answer #2: You have placed (1) $200 order with us in 2015 and (1) $400 order in 2020. While we appreciate the business, unfortunately, we do have to draw the line on customer behavior somewhere. You had far exceeded that line and unfortunately we did cancel your account. We didn't cancel your account because of a mistake that Fedex made. We made that call based on your behavior.

Claim #3 : They are admittedly understaffed (this was before the virus), with nasty rude employees from top to bottom these days.

Answer #3: We are properly staffed to ship out THOUSANDS of orders a week to THOUSANDS of customers and address most problems within 1 business day. That does not mean, however, that we have enough labor that at any given time we can drop everything that we are doing to call Fedex to inquire about a package issue. That is typically done at the end of the day as things wind down. It is incredibly unreasonable to expect a business to drop everything they are doing to look into an issue for you. Sometimes things take time and unfortunately we have a lot of customers and employees to take care of.

In this particular case I was personally away at SHOT Show in Vegas so we we had less labor floating around than normal. Needless to say, I put in a lot of time and energy into the business so when I'm gone people do have to cover down in my absence. Hence, there would rarely be excess labor on a day when I'm out of town.

I'm not sure how else to phrase this but...you were particularly needy about this issue which caused even more bottlenecks. Sometimes the squeaky wheel causes more problems vs gets taken care of ahead of everyone else politely waiting on the sidelines, unfortunately.

I'll reiterate: You called, emailed, and chatted numerous times all within a 30 minute span demanding my employees stop everything they were doing to call Fedex for your particular concern. (5) contacts with us within 30 minutes is extremely excessive. The attitude and profanity also were excessive.

The chat transcript from 1/22/2020 is below:

Insulting the employee, who is trying to do his job and help customers like yourself, is likely not the best course of action. Threatening BBB action because an employee hasn't called Fedex within 10 minutes (literally) about a delayed package is probably not the best course of action. From our notes on our end it doesn't like you were very friendly and pleasant on the phone, either.

You then sent an email within 30 minutes of your chat:

Your chat transcript from earlier today is below:

Ahh, yes. Cursing at and insulting employees is probably not the best course of action. In your chat you admitted to calling the last employee you spoke to, Tyler, a prick. Again, that type of colorful languate is probably not the most appropriate in this situation.

TLDR: You were being overbearing, rude, and impatient over an issue that was outside of both of our controls. You cursed at employees. You insulted employees. You threatened our business. Then you made this post. I think you made a mountain out of a mole hill, dude, and you may need to chill a little. You should probably sit back and just let things happen like normal vs trying to rudely shove your wishes down someone's throat. Very minor issues like this are not something to flip your lid over. This post likely says more about your own personality and conflict resolution skills than it does my business.

Unfortunately, due to all of the above, we did cancel your account and we stand by that decision. I didn't make that decision but I would have been more frank with you than my employees were able to had I been around. If we had to deal with stuff like this with every customer interaction I wouldn't be able to retain a single employee. I'm forced to spend 30 minutes typing out this diatribe instead of spending time with my wife and 10 month old daughter, unfortunately. To those who are reading this: I apologize for the giant wall of text I just wrote and pasted

Thanks for sharing more details. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I hope this is easy for all to see that this was escalated by being rude to your customer.
    No matter how you try and spin it, I never would have sent another email had I not been talked down to over the phone.
    Fed ex instructions were to get hold of the shipper as the package was on the truck in route, fed explained the package would be sent back to sender so yes, I thought I could gt some immediate help given the circumstance.

There is no excuse for being nasty and rude to your customers when problems arise.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    After this thread, the OP’s Joe Bob account may not be the only account cancelled :innocent0

MDS ain't the place to make false accusations against fellow members and our IPs.

As for being nasty and rude, what gives you Karens and Kyles the right to abuse any retail clerks or staff? You pull that chit in a LGS and your ass would have been out the door toot focking sweet.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    After this thread, the OP’s Joe Bob account may not be the only account cancelled :innocent0

MDS ain't the place to make false accusations against fellow members and our IPs.

No false accusations were made at all. I stand by my complaint. I then tired to complain formally and was met by the same person I was trying to complain about lol.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    That was probably the most politely brutal internet bitch slap I have ever seen.

I really don't need to buy anything. But, I will find something to buy so I can order it, receive it quickly and come back here to rave about what great customer service I received.

speed loaders for the new revolver maybe :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom