• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I am hearing the same assholes that vote for gun grabbing idiots, don't like the hoops they are having to jump through now during a crisis, when they want to purchase a gun for home defense...

Oh the irony...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am hearing the same assholes that vote for gun grabbing idiots, don't like the hoops they are having to jump through now during a crisis, when they want to purchase a gun for home defense...

Oh the irony...

:lol:

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I believe the words you are looking for are..........SUCK IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    We had at least 4 or 5 people looking to buy handguns yesterday who were surprised about the HQL requirement (Scott's Gunsmithing). A couple of them were also surprised how long it was taking to clear people with NICS (over an hour in many cases - (NICS backlog)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Take this as a good opportunity to actually try to put on your smiley face and change some hearts and minds.

I realize that there is temptation to stick it to people, but this is not a useful instinct long term. Its counterproductive.

Take the opportunity to walk them through the paperwork, help them as much as possible, then help them get an MSI membership. Help them understand that Moms are only Demanding more counterproductive paperwork that criminals are not following. A lot of people I know have turned into full blown preppers at this point. Take full advantage to persuade people and resist your normal instincts.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Take this as a good opportunity to actually try to put on your smiley face and change some hearts and minds.

I realize that there is temptation to stick it to people, but this is not a useful instinct long term. Its counterproductive.

Take the opportunity to walk them through the paperwork, help them as much as possible, then help them get an MSI membership. Help them understand that Moms are only Demanding more counterproductive paperwork that criminals are not following. A lot of people I know have turned into full blown preppers at this point. Take full advantage to persuade people and resist your normal instincts.

This!

Take this opportunity to show gun haters how wrong they are about "how easy it is to get guns"

Use it as a way to get them interested in shooting

Take them to the range (as soon as ammo is affordable) and get them to enjoy it

Turn their hearts and minds

However in private....it's okay to enjoy the eff out of how confused these people are and how much they are doubting their tightly held dogma

Goaliehead

Sep 13, 2013

Take the opportunity to walk them through the paperwork, help them as much as possible, then help them get an MSI membership.

This. Remember that these people are probably clueless to the BS that their elected representatives have produced in regards to their rights. Sad but likely true...

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Went with a buddy of mine looking for his first gun yesterday afternoon, he didn’t want to get ripped-off due to the panic and I can always use another lower...yes, he’s an idiot for waiting to buy, I’ll happily throw that in his face for years to comes.

Went buy my usual LGS and all I can say is wow...I anticipated the low stock, tired eyes, and general frustration from the staff. What I did not expect was a dood dressed like a magician spouting nonsense from behind the counter. I really hate being “that guy” disputing advise from clerks, but this guy was so lost on the basic function of AR pattern rifles I just couldn’t hold my tongue. He may be an expert on over/unders, or WWII bolt actions, or whatever, but how does a shop maintain it’s integrity when they let employees just make-up sh!t?

Anyway, we headed over to Baltimore’s Best/Maryland Elite Firearms (I think that’s their new name) and they were busy, but professional and honest across the board. What a greater staff they have. Buddy did get to go home with a new rifle and Maryland gained a new gun owner. I get to go back in a week to pick-up my aspiring pistol.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Went with a buddy of mine looking for his first gun yesterday afternoon, he didn’t want to get ripped-off due to the panic and I can always use another lower...yes, he’s an idiot for waiting to buy, I’ll happily throw that in his face for years to comes.

Went buy my usual LGS and all I can say is wow...I anticipated the low stock, tired eyes, and general frustration from the staff. What I did not expect was a dood dressed like a magician spouting nonsense from behind the counter. I really hate being “that guy” disputing advise from clerks, but this guy was so lost on the basic function of AR pattern rifles I just couldn’t hold my tongue. He may be an expert on over/unders, or WWII bolt actions, or whatever, but how does a shop maintain it’s integrity when they let employees just make-up sh!t?

Anyway, we headed over to Baltimore’s Best/Maryland Elite Firearms (I think that’s their new name) and they were busy, but professional and honest across the board. What a greater staff they have. Buddy did get to go home with a new rifle and Maryland gained a new gun owner. I get to go back in a week to pick-up my aspiring pistol.

Where was the magician store?

Q

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    What ever happened to guns being so easy to get by mail order, internet and street corner?

This might be the best education the intentionally uninformed could get.

And f#ck em.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

+4 - most people are oblivious of the extreme firearm restrictions currently in place much less the latest legislation that is being considered. The specific topic of firearms may also open their eyes to the underhanded ideology of the majority elected officials here in Maryland. I only hope that they remember this at elections.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    After they get the gun they will then find out how hard it is to find a place to shoot and practice using it wi Th some of the indoor ranges closed or likely packed

I’m surprised we don’t see people dumping extra P64s in the classifieds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'll take the time to help if they're not rabid Commie a-holes. It's good to get folks to understand their rights and become gun owners.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    +4 - most people are oblivious of the extreme firearm restrictions currently in place much less the latest legislation that is being considered. The specific topic of firearms may also open their eyes to the underhanded ideology of the majority elected officials here in Maryland. I only hope that they remember this at elections.
    Had to turn down an online buyer. In discourse he actually sent link to anti-2a propaganda. He thought first I could ship to his home and second being out of his State, I didn't have to follow his states laws. He wanted to bid on a Glock 43X and it isn't on CA gun roster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom