• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Anybody ever send their eotech in to the factory for repairs?

I have a 512 I think it is that was manufactured in 2003. It’s the old style before the rubber buttons. It was given to me by a friend who’s brother in law was a marine. He is sadly no longer with us. It means a lot to me that he gave it to me to possibly get it fixed to use it. It turns on but the retical does not show up in the window. If I turn it a certain angle I can see that it is on down inside of it but it’s just not projecting up on the glass.

I sent a repair request two days ago to eotech but I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m 99% positive that it is genuine and my friend told me it was possibly government issued. I’m not sure how true that would be because I can’t see the military using a model that does not have night vision capability. At least I don’t think it’s night vision compatible, it is a older version with only two buttons.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not sure. I have a couple EOs, but have never needed repairs. From their past "problems" and the fact that they're still rolling tells me they will make good. I love my EOs.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Don't know about EoTech, but Trijicon says if you send them a surplus ACOG, they are keeping it!

I’m going to assume eotech will do the same if it is mil surp. The only thing I was hoping on is the one I have is not a NV model so I want to assume the military would not issue a non NV compatible version.

Eotech has not responded to my repair request. I’m wondering if they look up the sn and see it is gov issue they won’t bother responding.

I didn’t even think about all of this when I sent my info in on the repair request. Hope I don’t have some feds show up at my door over a broken weapon sight.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’m going to assume eotech will do the same if it is mil surp. The only thing I was hoping on is the one I have is not a NV model so I want to assume the military would not issue a non NV compatible version.

Eotech has not responded to my repair request. I’m wondering if they look up the sn and see it is gov issue they won’t bother responding.

I didn’t even think about all of this when I sent my info in on the repair request. Hope I don’t have some feds show up at my door over a broken weapon sight.

I doubt they will cause a stink. Tell them you got at a swap meet or something.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Finally talked to eotech. They say it’s to old for them to fix. Said the window is probably delaminated so the retical won’t show up on it. Sucks because the rest of the sight works fine.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Finally talked to eotech. They say it’s to old for them to fix. Said the window is probably delaminated so the retical won’t show up on it. Sucks because the rest of the sight works fine.

That sucks. I'm an Aimpoint guy, but you can't beat Vortex when it comes to warranty work. Sorry to hear.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Just wanted to comment that when I sent mine in recently to EoTech, they were responsive and offered either a 50% off coupon, or would repair/update my older unit for $79. New models have a 10 year warranty - mine was out of warranty.

Last edited:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

Eotech refused to fix my milsurp years ago, it is also a 512. I then tried to send it in as part of the class action and it was denied because it was milsurp. Sucks. I wont buy another Eotech because of the mess they knowingly created. I did get a nifty carry case for it though.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

they wouldn't even do it for the $79?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I never owned Eotech.

I watched as this issue unfolded years ago and decided I would never buy Eotech.

This right here confirms my decision was correct.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    I never owned Eotech.

I watched as this issue unfolded years ago and decided I would never buy Eotech.

This right here confirms my decision was correct.

Same. Ditched my 552 during the buyback, even though it never had issues. Figured if they were giving me an out, might as well take it. Bought an Aimpoint PRO and never looked back.
    Will never buy an EoTech product again.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    The PRO on my 9mm scary black thingy has taken an incredible amount of abuse and just keeps going... My only ding on them is they should come with the clear front lens cap for $450.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    they wouldn't even do it for the $79?

They said they don’t even carry parts for it anymore. Kind of odd because it would seem not much has changed about the lense or what ever they call it. I was willing to pay to have it fixed.

I wish I could afford a aimpoint right now but 450$ just not in the cards.

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    I sent a 512 which was out of warranty in for repair a month ago. They charged me $79 and returned it fixed, like new in less than two weeks. Personally I have never had an issue with any of my Eotechs and I have always had great customer service. I also enjoy their retired military pricing program for new products which I believe includes active/retired military/LEOs and first responders. Their new vudu line of scopes are awesome as well!

For me they work very well in conjunction with my PVS-14 when hog hunting. I like the simple fact you don’t need to be directly behind the reticle for it to be accurate.

That being said I also like Aimpoint, Leupold and Vortex optics as well. Most of the major brands have some sort of mil/Leo purchase program which I don’t mind taking advantage of to reduce the pain of bleeding dollars to buy an optic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom