• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I got my first C&R handgun delivered to my house today. It is a Yugo M57 Tokarev from out fine IP, DK Firearms. I haven't had time to do much except take it out of the box and I am pleased. The exterior looks to be in really nice shape and it was not covered in cosmoline like I expected. If getting the gun cleaned before it is shipped to you is one of the benefits of paying extra for "hand select" then I will be doing that from now on. I will still make sure to clear it very well before I use it. I have the feeling that this could become addictive.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Congrats! Mine was in immaculate shape from them, though it was slathered in cosmoline.

C&R #6 is showing up tomorrow for me, my first Garand from CMP!

Though really the M1 carbine, .410 JC Higgins and 20ga Winchester 370 predate my C&R license. 98 Mauser and M57 were bought off it.

Be warned, the license is addictive as hell. I am having to take a very conscious step back from buying anything else for awhile after my next deal is done with. Which won’t stop me from looking in case a sweet heart deal comes along.

I think you’ll love the M57. Or at least I do. Even with hotter Winchester white box it recoils more mildly than my Glock 17. Higher muzzle blast though. The grip fits perfectly in my hand.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If you didn’t pickup any extra mags, Gunmag Warehouse carries new Zastava magazines for the M57 for $20 a piece. I got one extra surplus mag with my M57 and it works and looks great. I picked up one new Mag from Gunmag when I order a few other things a week ago. I haven’t had a chance to test functionality yet, but it came in a plastic baggie dripping with cosmoline (can cosmoline drip? If it could, it would have been).

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Evil will run free, we'll all die....................................Drug dealers will (well, they will do what they do).

BREAK

Enjoy your little slice of freedom in the hole that is md (before the libtards rape that also).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    At least one foot. Like my first long gun bought with a C&R. See, full evidence of toes.

Attachments

• 58511476-B049-4667-82FD-CDAA2F3A2907.jpg
      58511476-B049-4667-82FD-CDAA2F3A2907.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 212

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    My first C&R was a Polish P-64 9mmx18 Makarov. Just because I could.
    It feels like the double action trigger pull is about 20 pounds.
    One of these days I have to get a new set of springs for it.
    My other 4 C&R buys have been Garands.
    Last fall renewed it for another 3 years.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My first C&R was a Polish P-64 9mmx18 Makarov. Just because I could.
    One of these days I have to get a new set of springs for it.
    It feels like the double action trigger pull is about 20 pounds.

Just installed new, lighter springs in mine. World of difference, highly recommended.

offCenter

Just a guy
    Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed. The only complaint I've had was from a friend who swore the SA was borderline hair-trigger after the spring swap. He didn't like it all. As for me, I like it fine. No creep and a light, crisp break.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Agreed. The only complaint I've had was from a friend who swore the SA was borderline hair-trigger after the spring swap. He didn't like it all. As for me, I like it fine. No creep and a light, crisp break.

Same spring weights? I know Wolff makes a few different weights of slide, hammer and trigger springs. It could also just be his is worn more and needs one step up on the trigger spring.

I am still eyeing a P64, but I am looking to pick-up a CZ-50 and I kind of feel like I don’t need yet another caliber by going with 9MAK. Though if I some day get a CZ-82, a P64 seems like an “of course”. If there are any left around.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    So here are a couple pictures of my "new" Tokarev. I know they aren't that great. I will try to get better ones with my real camera later today. There is some definite finish wear, but no real damage. Also, the bore looks really nice. Very happy with my purchase.

right.jpg

left.jpg

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Had some time so I decided to do a field strip on it and see how bad it was inside. Not bad at all. However, I did notice some numbers that I was not sure of. I know that on some guns, different parts will be numbered, but I know nothing about Tokarevs. I am sure that there are some experts here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I found on the sides of the hammer assembly.

On the right side is the number '08'

Hammer_Right-1.jpg

On the left side was the number '7770'. It almost looks like it was put on with a vibrating engraving tool.

Hammer_Left.jpg

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Looks like you received a nice one, KJackson. :thumbsup: Ain't it great to have a C&R handgun delivered directly to you via your FFL-03??

:secret: For any lurking gun-grabbers: An FFL-03 is an ATF vetted and granted Collector of Curios & Relic's firearms license. It ain't one of your "so-called" loopholes
    . :nono:

The M57 is a cool TT-33 variant. While not a Russian Tokarev, collecting them can be addictive. Here's a pic of my Romy & Polish TT-33's, my Yugo M57 and a newer Tok version: Zastava M-70A chambered in 9 mm. All are nice shooters.

Yours should be a fun shooter! Enjoy shooting it ---> and add another to keep it company. :innocent0

Oh, and thanks for pics of feet covered with socks. Ain't nothing worse than seeing "gross or bloody toes" in obligatory pics...

:)

Attachments

• Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 135

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04