• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Always something to remember for the future. A day doesn’t really make a difference (well to me) and I doubt it ever would. An inconvenience is an inconvenience whether it is having to drive back the next day or if it is 2 weeks later.

Of course a huge different between a few days and a few weeks. Not advocating that crap should be worse.

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    Reported previously in this thread, the portal seems to not count holidays properly. They are not counted as days for the 7 days, when they should only come into play if the day of release.

I did my application last week, Wednesday 23. So does that mean since thanksgiving was the next day that it doesn't count as part of the 7 day wait? Meaning rather than picking up the following week, 11/29, it would be 11/30. I always thought the pick up date didn't count if it landed on a holiday or Sunday.

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    I did my application last week, Wednesday 23. So does that mean since thanksgiving was the next day that it doesn't count as part of the 7 day wait? Meaning rather than picking up the following week, 11/29, it would be 11/30. I always thought the pick up date didn't count if it landed on a holiday or Sunday.

You can scratch that question, got my email today. So sounds like it’s only if the 8th days falls on a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Logged on to start a new 77R and was notified my PW expired, what is the default interval?

This is nothing unusual. When I was on my buying spree earlier this year, I found my password had expired just 1 week after my last transfer. I can't remember the actual interval, but it's something like 30 or 60 days. I would have thought that as long as you were making transfers, your password would be valid, but it seems it has a drop dead date regardless of how many transfers you do.

They can't make it easy for ya, can they?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    This is nothing unusual. When I was on my buying spree earlier this year, I found my password had expired just 1 week after my last transfer. I can't remember the actual interval, but it's something like 30 or 60 days. I would have thought that as long as you were making transfers, your password would be valid, but it seems it has a drop dead date regardless of how many transfers you do.

They can't make it easy for ya, can they?

AMEN!

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm having fun with the system. After a successful purchase last week with the required waiting period (Not Disapproved) I submitted one of the applications that I had in the queue that I didn't use. So now my application is in status "On Hold" and I'm on day 8. I can see that I passed the NICS check it's on the 77R. I'm just curious what could be the cause of the delay. Especially since I just went through the approval process.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Since it's now been over a year with this new system, I was back reading through the early posts and there was
    mention of using this system to eliminate the 7 day wait and NCIS checks. Has any progress been made on any
    of that or was it just hearsay to begin with and there's no benefit at all to us gun owners from this 77e ?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AFAIK the statutes have not changed so the system still has to adhere to those laws.

The benefit is to the FFL and MSP, not us.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Just checked my account and I have two that have no Date Forwarded or Expiration date. One today and one 1/3/'17, Not sure why they cannot give dates.

Just FYI, this time last year more than twice as many apps have been filed.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Since it's now been over a year with this new system, I was back reading through the early posts and there was
    mention of using this system to eliminate the 7 day wait and NCIS checks. Has any progress been made on any
    of that or was it just hearsay to begin with and there's no benefit at all to us gun owners from this 77e ?

I just bumped into this last week, having paid zero attention previously.

The seven-day wait is still in effect. The only possible benefit is shortening the time to send documents back and forth between FFL and MSP. Saves the state some postage, so you'd think they'd cut the charge from ten bucks to $9.50, but this is Maryland, after all, and they have a better use for your money than you do.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The indirect benefit is supposedly greater efficiency, to lead to fewer really long waits during busy periods .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I just bumped into this last week, having paid zero attention previously.

The seven-day wait is still in effect. The only possible benefit is shortening the time to send documents back and forth between FFL and MSP. Saves the state some postage, so you'd think they'd cut the charge from ten bucks to $9.50, but this is Maryland, after all, and they have a better use for your money than you do.

The seven day wait used to be justified based on paperwork time.

Now its justified based on the need to cool off before you purchase a gun.

Ice, baby!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The 7 day period is in the law.

So, the legislature will have to change the law to remove it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The 7 day period is in the law.

So, the legislature will have to change the law to remove it.

That may be so, but I think most handgun purchasers get riled up because of the 7 day wait.

Give me my gun if I pass the background check.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    That may be so, but I think most handgun purchasers get riled up because of the 7 day wait.

Give me my gun if I pass the background check.

yeah it chaps my butt now, especially in light of the HQL requirement which takes weeks to obtain in the first place. the whole idea that I need another layer of government permission to go buy something that is legal to purchase and already has checks and balances at state and federal level gets my blood boiling. gawd I hate this state

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom