• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlrichnafsky

Apr 3, 2014
    Want to build an AR15- looking for helpful info, links, and data on what is legal in MD. Much of what I read leads to confusion and conflict with MD law.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Yup, if you bought the lower after the above date and want to chamber it in 5.56, you must install a heavy barrel of the proper length. That barrel must be clearly marked HBAR. I "think" if you chamber it in different calibers, the rule is different, such as 6.8 or .300 BLackout. Hit the forum on here that deals with rifles, do a lot of reading there before posting your questions. Reason, those questions have been asked hundreds of times, and with reading, you will see the answers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Op, best route to try first is Google "Maryland legal AR 15(what is?)" it will probably steer you back here, but to the right thread. You are but one of dozens who come here with that very question. Post ban guns in 5.56/.223 caliber must have heavy barrels(either stamped on the barrel or advertised by qualified dealer as being a heavy barrel).

No two evil features ( folding stock, flash hider and I forget the other one... )

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Did anyone on here forego the folding stock and flash hider/muzzle device in lieu of the actual grenade launcher? If so, can we legally buy grenades? This always puzzled me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , you can buy real grenades . But each one is a Destructive Device, requiring the full NFA process . So I suppose there are grenade collectors out there , but they're not somthing you would plink with .

If you were to think out of the box on evil features , folding stock with no flashhider would be a more interesting combination .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Did anyone on here forego the folding stock and flash hider/muzzle device in lieu of the actual grenade launcher? If so, can we legally buy grenades? This always puzzled me.

If you have a pre-ban, why not go for all three?

:evilgrin3

dlrichnafsky

Apr 3, 2014
    Thanks for the tip. I will do so. One of the issues I've found in the forum is that some threads get so think with things that don't relate, it becomes cumbersome to find the source material. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom