• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    having had my MD ccw permit in the past year, had to surrender permit due to change of job, the best bet is to sell your case, ie: plead that you are "challenged" by the envionrment that you work in,prove that you handle a lot of money etc. 2 hour interview I went through and still came out with work restrictions. I used to shoot with several baltimore city detectives and I was requested proof of such actions. best bet I can tell you is if you want to a CCW in MD is to move out of MD or become LE in MD. I chose to move to AZ. best decision I've ever made. I feel for you in the old line state. but I've had enough.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Your instructor is wrong. Let's hope he gives better information in his safety course.

^^^This.

Like Massad Ayoob says, a lot of people have so much time, effort and ego invested in their status that they try to protect their "status".

Ridiculous as the "makes deposits", or "active cash flow" requirements are, a criminal has no idea if you are depositing $20 or $20,000.

I am unaware of a legitimate application ever being rejected due to frequency, type, or even amount of deposit.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Interview Questions

Forgot to mention the following:

I was asked how often I made deposits and what the averages were.

I was asked what percentage of my deposits were cash versus check.

My fiancee was asked to describe what kind of guy I am in addition to the basic questions about domestic violence, illegal drug use, alcohol use, and mental stability.

I was asked what type of gun(s) I intended to carry.

I was asked if I have been robbed or threatened while conducting financial transactions for the business.

If I can remember anything else I will post it.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Does anyone know whether they look for G&S then do backgrounds. Or backgrounds then G&S?

My criminal check was completed before I was contacted to be interviewed. All of my G&S was just recapped in the interview since it was all in the application packet. I would imagine if they had real questions/concerns about my G&S they might have dug into that while waiting for the fingerprint check results.

parksd70

Sep 10, 2013
    Quick G&S Question

Does anyone know the extent to which a threat needs to be express, for example in a police report, for MSP to consider your reasoning G&S?

I.e., what needs to have happened to you....a physical assault, a precieved threat that you reported, verbal threat...etc?

Is a single incident/police report enough to be considered G&S?

This may be somewhere in this thread, but I'm at work and don't have time to pour over the pages! Thanks!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Does anyone know the extent to which a threat needs to be express, for example in a police report, for MSP to consider your reasoning G&S?

I.e., what needs to have happened to you....a physical assault, a precieved threat that you reported, verbal threat...etc?

Is a single incident/police report enough to be considered G&S?

This may be somewhere in this thread, but I'm at work and don't have time to pour over the pages! Thanks!
    No to the bolded.

The late Ron Smith had a MD permit for a time due to wacko death threats, but either he did not renew it or MD didn't.

The joke (not so funny) on our board is that if you're lucky, MSP will put the finally approved permit in your coffin.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Update: Spoke to someone I was helping get their CCW that submitted the paperwork in late sept but prior to Oct 1.

No training requirements were applied, even thought the permit process did not begin until after Oct 1.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Update: Spoke to someone I was helping get their CCW that submitted the paperwork in late sept but prior to Oct 1.

No training requirements were applied, even thought the permit process did not begin until after Oct 1.

Did he receive the permit already? If not do you know how far along he is in the process?

y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    My investigator told me they are running 90 days. That's for a Sept 30 application.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom