• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    Just received my phone call interview. 34 days from date App was submitted. Trooper stated that he was new to the licensing division (4 days) due to the number of Apps they have been receiving.

He called my wife 15 minutes later.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Please give me an honest opinion. I am an officer/ VP of a petroleum contracting company. The owner has no problem with me getting a concealed carry permit and will support it. I make bank deposits mostly checks of approx 100k a month. I also go to various gas stations throughout MD, (ex. Balt city, PG county) and collect checks from customers at service stations. Most transactions are checks or credit cards but I also have occasisonal customers that will pay cash. Anywhere from 300 bucks to 3 grand. Which I then transport to the bank for deposits. I feel I have a good reason for a concealed permit. Just wanted thoughts or advice on how to word this properly for the state police. Use the term "business currency". I can certainly provide plenty of invoice receipts and bank deposit receipts.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Please give me an honest opinion. I am an officer/ VP of a petroleum contracting company. The owner has no problem with me getting a concealed carry permit and will support it. I make bank deposits mostly checks of approx 100k a month. I also go to various gas stations throughout MD, (ex. Balt city, PG county) and collect checks from customers at service stations. Most transactions are checks or credit cards but I also have occasisonal customers that will pay cash. Anywhere from 300 bucks to 3 grand. Which I then transport to the bank for deposits. I feel I have a good reason for a concealed permit. Just wanted thoughts or advice on how to word this properly for the state police. Use the term "business currency". I can certainly provide plenty of invoice receipts and bank deposit receipts.

The honest opinion you ask for is apply for the permit because you have plenty of G&S to be approved. I would included a letter from the owner giving you the OK as well as all the necessary contact info of the owner because they will want to follow up with him/her. You should also include everything you just told us. But the MSP will give you your CCW. And yes, use the term Business currency.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I filled out the new electronic version of the form without questions. Applying due to business owner, deposits etc. Gonna apply for my wife/office manager as well. I'll update how this goes. One question about the photo attachment. Paper clip, staple it, or just stick in in the big envelope?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I filled out the new electronic version of the form without questions. Applying due to business owner, deposits etc. Gonna apply for my wife/office manager as well. I'll update how this goes. One question about the photo attachment. Paper clip, staple it, or just stick in in the big envelope?

I would just paperclip it on top of whatever you have to send in now. I think you do the on-line form but still have to send in all of the supporting doc's.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    The honest opinion you ask for is apply for the permit because you have plenty of G&S to be approved. I would included a letter from the owner giving you the OK as well as all the necessary contact info of the owner because they will want to follow up with him/her. You should also include everything you just told us. But the MSP will give you your CCW. And yes, use the term Business currency.
    Thanks for opinion Merlin. I will get everything together and apply. I will post progress on this forum.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

DO NOT STAPLE

Paper clip or just drop it in. I would highly recommend using a felt tip pen and write your name on the back of the picture. Those little things can come loose from the paperwork.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Please read: This thread is intended as a living document so that we can collect any and all information surrounding the application process and keep up with any changes that may occur along the way. The first set of replies will be reserved for future use, so when this Title pops up as a thread. Allow us time to get some information in order.

Thank you for you patience.

As of now PLEASE Post a reply with any information you may have about the permit application process.*

*PLEASE refrain from posting any information you are not sure of.
    Just because your cousin Zeke told you his neighbor said it, does not necessarily make it true.

Verified information will be updated on an ongoing basis. Be patient.

Topics of interest:
    Finger printing / Live SCAN / CJIS
    Photos
    How to fill in pages and lines on the Application Form
    Link to the Application Form
    Updates and Changes to the Process as things unfold

NOTE 3-7-2012: as of this time, if you can afford it, MSI suggests submitting an application. DO NOT use your rent money or try this if you are having trouble paying your bills. Your money may be "held" for a while, worst case scenario, you could lose the amount and not get a permit..worst case.
    *If you do no apply immediately, but have some spare change, consider donating to MSI so we can push this issue over the top of the mountain and care for the politics, public education and any other necessities that may arise.
    Donate here: http://marylandshallissue.org/joindonate-now/
    Another tip. If you have some skill that requires a State Lic, plumber, appraiser, home improvement contractor.... Get Lic, set up bank acct in co. name make dep, establish relationship with bank and get letter of "cash flow, dep" and that goes along way to getting CCW approved. As backwards as it is - protecting cash is given greater consideration in MD over protecting life.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    The electronic form brings up questions based on the answers you provide. when complete you just print it out, sign and send in with all the supporting documentation. I'll paper clip it and write my info with felt tip on the back of the pictures. Thanks.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    Mailed my app on Monday April 22, received by MSP on Wednesday the 24th and check cashed on Friday the 26th. Looks like things are moving along and they at least opened my envelope and just didn't through it in a pile somewhere. Maybe they opened to cash check and now its in a pile somewhere.

Phonoent

Apr 14, 2013
    Feb 4th

I submitted my application on feb 4th still haven't heard back from msp. Does anyone know the usual time frame to expect a call or go in for a meeting.

Thanks!

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I submitted my application on feb 4th still haven't heard back from msp. Does anyone know the usual time frame to expect a call or go in for a meeting.

Thanks!

You should have heard something by now. I submitted mine Mar. 21 I believe and got the call last week.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Got my confirmation of MSP receiving my app on 4/26. Check has not been cashed yet. I did have the check written out of my corporate account, so I hope they do not send it back because of that.

I also noticed that the MSP fingerprint guy spelled my name incorrectly. He used an O instead of an A. I am hoping the fingerprint card is tied to my license so this will not be a kick out.

duskyjeff

Mar 19, 2013
    CCW class requirement?

I read the first 18 pages of this thread and didn't see an answer to this question so sorry if it's addressed later in the 50+ pages of posts.

Is there a requirement in MD to take a class prior to submitting the application for a firearms permit?

The websites for various training facilities say it's required but it was nowhere in the instructions for the app.

Awesome thread and forum, BTW. I love it!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I read the first 18 pages of this thread and didn't see an answer to this question so sorry if it's addressed later in the 50+ pages of posts.

Is there a requirement in MD to take a class prior to submitting the application for a firearms permit?

The websites for various training facilities say it's required but it was nowhere in the instructions for the app.

Awesome thread and forum, BTW. I love it!

No training requirement in MD for a permit.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    Mailed my app on Monday April 22, received by MSP on Wednesday the 24th and check cashed on Friday the 26th. Looks like things are moving along and they at least opened my envelope and just didn't through it in a pile somewhere. Maybe they opened to cash check and now its in a pile somewhere.

Well I can say that it's not sitting in a pile somewhere collecting dust. My employer and references were interviewed via phone yesterday, which was 11 business days after MSP received my application. I haven't received a call yet but can only assume that is coming up next. Questions asked were about violence, alcohol, and if they had a problem with me having a hand gun permit. This appears to be moving along pretty well. I hope this pace keeps up and I get approved soon.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Training is required forSecurity Gaurds, Private Investagators, Special Police. Not required for *regular people* .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom