• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    So, if your not sending it back, make sure you clean the slide thoroughly with a "Gun scrubber" non-residue type cleaner (or sonic cleaner) and then lightly lube striker with dry lube...this is key for reducing the chance of an "accidental discharge". One of the issues not noted is the firing system being compromised by brass shavings as well as powder residue. (if you carry with one in the chamber)

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    I actually got mine to "malfunction" repeatedly by just barely pushing the slide out of battery. I havent tried it with any other striker fired pistols to see how it compares. I am back and forth about pursuing the recall.

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    In my own personal experience, I would if you have the weapon loaded with one in the chamber. The original FNS striker / spring is tensioned at 73-78% (charged) and with ANY compromise of the firing system ie; brass shavings or powder residue, it will go bang if struck hard enough.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    In my own personal experience, I would if you have the weapon loaded with one in the chamber. The original FNS striker / spring is tensioned at 73-78% (charged) and with ANY compromise of the firing system ie; brass shavings or powder residue, it will go bang if struck hard enough.

just saw an article saying the BCPD is replacing the FN because of ADs and the possibility of catastrophic failure

https://foxbaltimore.com/features/o...6eLEWMNNZeVnr_tlGBO25dtw79Zp4jJmJqhKdxPZhYZis

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    The article is pretty accurate...FNS’ response is laughable but typical. Most of the agencies that adopted the weapon no longer use the weapon. There are quite a few reasons why...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What part is laughable? Did they not do something correctly?

I think the part that they indicate it's a very rare set of actions that need to occur for the weapon to fail.

It either fails or it doesn't. Why soft sell it?

The only thing you need to know about the FNS is the 509. The 509 was the .Mil submissions. If the FNS was as awesome as they indicated that would have been he submissions. Instead the 509 appears to "correct" many of the FNS issues. In fact the initial striker replacement for the FNS were just 509 parts.

The FNS is likely an okay weapon. Like everything else once it was released and used for a bit some weaknesses were found. FN has already moved on to the 509 and do not appear interested in doing anything but "maintaining" the FNS's out there. I think when you look at the price of these the market shows the faith folks have in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom