• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    For those who may not know if you have any kind of MD wear and carry fill out one form mail to PA Sheriffs office -5 days later get letter to come get PA permit within 27days. 20 bucks and ten minutes out the door expires 2023. Good barbecue on the way home too. So add that to MD and Utah how many states am I licensed in? Next up DC and FL. ‘Carry on’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I drove up to Gettysburg with my form already filled out and color photocopies of my DL and MD wear and carry. Handed the papers and my IDs for same to the nice young lady behind the glass. Was back out the door in less than 20 minutes

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    For York County, download the form, fill it in, keep an eye on your email, and get your permit notice in a week or so.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Just to be clear some
    PA counties will not issue them but once issued by a county they are valid throughout the state.

Only in Adams county... doesn't apply to most countries contiguous to the PRB of MD.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Do other bordering states (VA, WV, DE) recognize MD permits? I've looked at a few sites with reciprocity maps and it`s still not very clear.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yes, VA respects your MD permit, and you’ve got constitutional carry in WV. But DE and DC are no-go unless you make arrangements in each separately, just like PA.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Yes, VA respects your MD permit, and you’ve got constitutional carry in WV. But DE and DC are no-go unless you make arrangements in each separately, just like PA.

My CCW phone app shows that between MD resident and Utah and PA non-resident, I'm GTO in DE. Did something change again?

I want a DC one just because I can.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Maybe it’s your UT permit that’s working in DE, because DE does NOT honor MD’s.

Yep. It's Utah: Interesting they still accept non-resident.

_______

For the period from January 15, 2018 to January 14, 2019, Delaware recognizes the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by following states:

ALASKA
    ARIZONA
    ARKANSAS
    COLORADO
    FLORIDA
    IDAHO (Enhanced Permits Only)
    KANSAS
    KENTUCKY
    MAINE
    MICHIGAN
    MISSOURI
    NEW MEXICO
    NORTH CAROLINA
    NORTH DAKOTA (Class 1 permits only)
    OHIO
    OKLAHOMA
    SOUTH DAKOTA (Enhanced Permits Only)
    TENNESSEE
    TEXAS
    UTAH
    WEST VIRGINIA

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    shucks

so I have DC and VA permit, but live in MD, so Pennsylvania wouldn't give me one right? :(

"Out of state residents please include a copy of your valid Driver’s License and a copy of your License to Carry from the state in which you reside. You must possess a valid License to Carry from the state in which you reside in order to apply in Pennsylvania."

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    shucks

so I have DC and VA permit, but live in MD, so Pennsylvania wouldn't give me one right? :(

"Out of state residents please include a copy of your valid Driver’s License and a copy of your License to Carry from the state in which you reside. You must possess a valid License to Carry from the state in which you reside in order to apply in Pennsylvania."

You can always OC in PA without a permit. Except in Philly.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    You can always OC in PA without a permit. Except in Philly.

OC in PA is on a county by county basis. Be very careful about that. My county (York) is more free, but I've heard other counties, and even cities have their own take on things.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OC in PA is on a county by county basis. Be very careful about that. My county (York) is more free, but I've heard other counties, and even cities have their own take on things.

Really? Do you have a cite for that?

Because Gary Slider's page says differently and cites the pertinent PA statute.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

Open Carry (Without a Valid Permit/License)

Open Carry is legal except a valid permit/license is needed to carry a loaded handgun openly or concealed in
    a vehicle and for openly carrying in the city of Philadelphia. Places as listed in the “Places Off Limits”
    above apply to those who open carry. See the “RV/Car Carry Without a Permit” section for carrying in a
    vehicle.
    The state preempts all firearm laws in the state and local authorities can’t have Laws/Ordinances against
    open carry except cities of the 1st class were given exemptions to some parts of preemption. Philadelphia has
    laws/ordinances concerning open carry and only those with a valid permit/license to carry can open carry in
    Philadelphia. Remember that if you enter any property and the owner/responsible person ask you to leave
    you must leave. Failure to leave can result in Trespass Charges. The Minimum age for Open Carry is 18.
    You can read the “Open Carry Guidance Document for Local Law Enforcement” put out by the Chiefs of
    Police Association in Pennsylvania Here.
    In some states Open Carry is forbidden in places where those with a valid permit/license can carry. This is
    not the last word on Open Carry in this state. Check at www.opencarry.org or go to Google and type in
    State Name Open Carry or Open Carry State Name for a search for open carry info in this state. Check with
    the State's RKBA Organization/s. Also see “Attorney General Opinions/Court Cases” Section for any
    written opinions/Cases on Open Carry.
    State Preemption
    Title 18 § 6120. Limitation on the Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition.
    (a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership,
    possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or
    transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

Bold mine.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When I got my PA permit, I was told that the way different counties apply open carry can vary. It is important to understand that OC is implicit in PA, not explicit.

And we know that every county sheriff's deputy is completely up on their respective state's carry law and that what they tell you in the permit office is gospel, right?

C'mon, man, leave the BGOS in MD.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    In all honesty, I didn't dig in on this because I don't practice open carry. I would never want to give away my tactical advantage, nor would I want to give some moron an excuse to pick a fight with a older chubby guy. When I'm in the Commonwealth, I carry concealed everywhere, except where prohibited. When I'm in the gulag of Marylandistan, I carry while working because that's what my permit says I can do.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I'll do that as soon as the unicorn shits out that rainbow and MD w&c permit for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom