• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I finally had time to get a range day in yesterday. I loaded up the car and headed over to Free State. I put time in with my suppressed 5.56 SBR and my SIG P320 VTAC, but honestly I think I had the most fun shooting my 10/22 Takedown Target (mine is the model 21133).

I was shooting Eley yellow box target ammo, which is just subsonic, off of a rest. This rifle is an absolute tack driver with that ammo.

These are both ten round groups at 25 yards. The right left hand one is just the rifle, and the left right hand one (edits because this stupid forum won't post a picture right side up) is the rifle with my Dead Air Mask HD on it. No POI change with the suppressor, and it's quiet enough that you hear the zzzziiiip-pop of the round going downrange and impacting the backstop. The fliers are me and not the rifle. It would have one-holed all of them if I'd been doing my job. Oh yeah, I was using my UTG 3-9x32 "Bug Buster" scope. It's a great optic for the Takedown because it's short enough that it doesn't stick out past the front of the receiver much (or at all) when you break the rifle down.

IMG_1421.jpg

I just love shooting a good .22.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Also, this was with the, ummm.... not-stellar stock trigger. I think I need at least a BX Trigger for it, if not something better.

Hmmmm....

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Have a standard synthetic stock I guess they call it . I have seen /held the break down . Thing is freakin cool . I like it .was curios if it performed like reg rifle . Why wouldn’t it though. I like them so much better than the survival rifle I believe it’s called.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I just picked up my first 10-22 from a member here, it's a cool little take-down with a grey laminate stock and 16.5 treaded barrel. It's got me itching to go into NFA territory.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hard to find a better time than a 10/22. Try a Kidd trigger, I love mine.

I love Kidd parts, and this rifle has a bunch of them, just not a trigger. I ended up ordering a Ruger BX trigger for it. Brownell's had them on sale for $50, so how can you go wrong? It'll be here this week.

Have a standard synthetic stock I guess they call it . I have seen /held the break down . Thing is freakin cool . I like it .was curios if it performed like reg rifle . Why wouldn’t it though. I like them so much better than the survival rifle I believe it’s called.

Mine has been basically just like a regular rifle. The trick for repeatable accuracy with these is that you've got to tighten the little locking collar thing a lot more than Ruger says you should. Mine is tight enough that it juuuuust locks up when you assemble it, and it's stayed totally dead on accurate since day one. If you don't tighten that ring enough, it can be a little less likely to return to a perfect zero after you break it down and reassemble it.

I just picked up my first 10-22 from a member here, it's a cool little take-down with a grey laminate stock and 16.5 treaded barrel. It's got me itching to go into NFA territory.

Do it. This rifle with my Dead Air Mask HD on it is just awesome.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My regular 10/22 I worked over the stock, removed the front barrel band, powercustom target hammer and charging handle. Volquartsen extractor. It stove pipes 1 in 20 rounds of EVERYBODY’S stuff. Except CCI. Never had an ejection or feed problem in over 500rnds of CCI through it (over 1000? Danged if I know how much I’ve put through it).

It’ll shoot right about on 1” groups at 50yds, under 2.5” groups at 100. Velocitors it’ll shoot 1.25” groups at 50 and 2” groups at 100.

Aguilla target it will shoot .75” groups at 50 and 1.5” groups at 100.

Attachments

• A61EB358-F501-4776-8CA9-C348B11905D5.jpg
      A61EB358-F501-4776-8CA9-C348B11905D5.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 432

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Mine came from Brownell's the other day. I haven't had time to install it yet, but dry firing it in the package has me excited. It's not the most super awesome target trigger I've ever tried, but wow, for $50 it seems pretty great, and I agree that it already feels like it'll be way better than stock. I think this is going to be just what this rifle needed.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Mine came from Brownell's the other day. I haven't had time to install it yet, but dry firing it in the package has me excited. It's not the most super awesome target trigger I've ever tried, but wow, for $50 it seems pretty great, and I agree that it already feels like it'll be way better than stock. I think this is going to be just what this rifle needed.

This is the same experience with a BX trigger I purchased. I did have to touch up the sliding sear/hammer surfaces to get it better than okay. I didn't do more since I don't have much experience with these trigger units. I know more about it now so next time I should get the desired results.

Everytime I fired the wood furnitured take down I have the stock loosened up on the receiver, applied torque didn't make any difference. I had to bed the receiver in the stock to get it as it should be. Accuracy got better as well. I use the same 'just get the barrel to rotate on' adjustment method previously mentioned. Accuracy is much more consistent.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I got my Kidd auto bolt release swapped over to the BX trigger and the BX is installed in the rifle now. Holy cow. I don't have a trigger gauge, but I would be willing to bet that it's a little less than 3#. Very, very nice trigger for the money. I can't wait to go shoot this rifle again!

File_000.jpg

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Bug Buster

Hawkeye, you inspired me with this thread to get out my 10/22 takedown and buy one of those Bug Buster scopes for it. Seems like a really nice scope for the money. Now I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I like that it fits in the carry bag (just barely) with the scope attached.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Hawkeye, you inspired me with this thread to get out my 10/22 takedown and buy one of those Bug Buster scopes for it. Seems like a really nice scope for the money. Now I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I like that it fits in the carry bag (just barely) with the scope attached.

Amazon has the scope with QD rings and lens caps for $59.95. It must be a sale price they normally sell for around $90. I just ordered one for my 10/22. It has a 4.3 rating with 2099 reviews. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom