• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    HuffPo.com's deceptive headline
    Iowa Lawmakers Approve Bill That Would Let Kids Have Handguns

The measure approved Tuesday by 62-36 vote would allow children 14 or younger to possess “a pistol, revolver or the ammunition” under parental supervision. It now heads for the state Senate.

What better way to teach a child firearm safety, but Iowa Democrats see “a militia of toddlers,” from a bill that "allows for 1-year-olds, 2-year-olds, 3-year-olds, 4-year-olds to operate handguns.”

Next thing you know, we'll be training them while they're still in the womb. :rolleyes: But, as they say, the devil is in the details ...

The bill's sponsor, Rep. Jake Highfill said his measure would bring the law on children's use of handguns in line with regulations for shotguns and rifles, which don't restrict the age of children using them under parental supervision. Current Iowa law makes it a felony for a parent or guardian to allow a child younger than 14 to handle a pistol. Older children may do so with supervision.

So the Iowa Democrats would rather make felons out of law-abiding, gun-owning, responsible parents who want their kids taught "at a young age the respect that a gun commands".

Meanwhile WaPo wrings it's collective hands ... and publishes this headline along with a video entitled "When children shoot and kill". :sad20:

‘We do not need a militia of toddlers': If Iowa law passes, children can use handguns

Attachments

• nervous.gif
      nervous.gif
      8.3 KB · Views: 278

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    The shortthoughtedness is astounding...

But, if folks do nothing the indoctrination will continue apace.

Somewhat off topic, but the eldest granddaughter (9) tonight suddenly piped up out of nowhere about how she 'really doesn't like the thought of guns'.

Asked her why, and her focus was partly on the noise, but then "people do bad things with them, like kill animals, and that's all guns are for".

Unfortunately, she's a bit of a flibbertigibbet, and keeping her focused on one topic is a challenge.

But we had a bit of a 30,000-foot chat about generalities, so maybe we can get deeper another time.

Her 7 year-old brother was a lot more thoughtful and determined that there might be people without money who need to hunt to survive.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The shortthoughtedness is astounding...

But, if folks do nothing the indoctrination will continue apace.

Somewhat off topic, but the eldest granddaughter (9) tonight suddenly piped up out of nowhere about how she 'really doesn't like the thought of guns'.

Asked her why, and her focus was partly on the noise, but then "people do bad things with them, like kill animals, and that's all guns are for".

Unfortunately, she's a bit of a flibbertigibbet, and keeping her focused on one topic is a challenge.

But we had a bit of a 30,000-foot chat about generalities, so maybe we can get deeper another time.

Her 7 year-old brother was a lot more thoughtful and determined that there might be people without money who need to hunt to survive.

Exactly the point of the legislation I think, otherwise kids are fed fear and fantasy about guns.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Exactly the point of the legislation I think, otherwise kids are fed fear and fantasy about guns.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole thing. Seems like gun safety for children should be encouraged, not transformed into a felony.

Feb 28, 2013
    I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with allowin' a kid to shoot a handgun while supervised, as long as it's somethin' the kid can handle.

Democrats are stupid as usual.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom