• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    I like going to gun shows. I like looking at guns. Some are better than others. I never look to see who's promoting them. Thanks Lee for letting me know.

+1. Not interested in the drama but am interested in the show.

Thanks lee2.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I think what lee is trying to say is hey here is the gun show.

See, I originally thought that, but he seems to be defending this particular gun show promoter in several threads. He also hasn't come straight out and said "I have no financial interest in this show."

And why should the firearms community support people that may be trying to screw over the firearms community? Maybe you guys forgot about where this gun show refuses to give MSI table space?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    See, I originally thought that, but he seems to be defending this particular gun show promoter in several threads. He also hasn't come straight out and said "I have no financial interest in this show."

And why should the firearms community support people that may be trying to screw over the firearms community? Maybe you guys forgot about where this gun show refuses to give MSI table space?

first of all i dont have to explain anything to you. do you have a financial interest in getting others not to go to this show?
    maybe you have personal vendetta against the promoter or an affiliation with someone who has a vendetta.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Also. Lou sold me my police issue Mini-14 several years ago and it's still kicking butt and taking names. So thanks for that!

One of those stainless and black stocked beauties went home with me.

It looked like a brand new gun.

It's why he does such a brisk business at the shows.

Other vendors could learn a lot from him.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    One of those stainless and black stocked beauties went home with me.

It looked like a brand new gun.

It's why he does such a brisk business at the shows.

Other vendors could learn a lot from him.

Agreed.

Anyone know if these are still available and at what price?

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Just went to the Chantilly show yesterday awesome as usually. Went to the Timonium show two years ago, a disgrace what a joke. I'll never go again. I'll drive 60 miles to Chantilly anytime no problem. Seven shows there this year. Only half decent show in MD by Silverado at Howard Co. & Frederick.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Why is it that so many folks feel compelled to drop a deuce in someone else's Fruit Loops? If you don't like the producer/promoter... that is cool... don't attend the show. But to come in and Negative Nellie another mans thread after he specifically and politely ask you not to is just bad form.

Start your OWN "Hatin' on Maryland Gun Show" thread... Say all you want as long as it is within forum rules and protocol... But what is your personal interest in harshing another mans mallow? :sad20:

Just went to the Chantilly show yesterday awesome as usually. Went to the Timonium show two years ago, a disgrace what a joke. I'll never go again. I'll drive 60 miles to Chantilly anytime no problem. Seven shows there this year. Only half decent show in MD by Silverado at Howard Co. & Frederick.

Thank you for telling us about TWO YEARS AGO... Much has changed since then...

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I love all gun shows. I have bought and sold at several shows in Timonium over the past couple years. I don't give a damn who is promoting it....it's a gun show. If you hate the show or the promoter then don't go and STFU!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lee2, what is your business interest in this show? If you're going to be shillin, you need to pay for an IP account.

Kilroy, lee2 hasn't a financial or business "interest" in the Timonium show or other shows for that matter. He has been announcing just about 80% to 90% of upcoming MD "Gun Shows" regardless of who the promoter is (even some outta' state shows too) in threads since I've been on this forum since 2010. It's almost like as it's his duty to do so and most on here that frequent this "gun show" subforum have come to almost expect this from lee2 as there have been jokes made in the past about it.

There was an issue that came up between the Timonium gun show promoter and a vendor last month shortly (a few days) before the York PA show that ultimately wasn't in the best interest of the show "attendees" (the general public/potential buyers) that lee2 has made reference to, though not in an outwardly manner in this thread. If you'd like to find out what it is, you can go into the December 2014 York PA gun show thread and it's clearly indicated there. That's why lee2 posted something in his OP about "no negativity" in this thread as it was discussed in the York PA thread.

Dan Kovalcik

Jan 7, 2015
    Why would an event planner not want as many vendors as they can get?

There will be at least three ammo dealers at the Frederick Silverado gun show in just 2 weeks. I can personally guarantee that there will be no collusion, price fixing, or other scurrilous ******** going on. This will be a true “every man for himself” bang em up hardcore free for all gun show where competition is WELCOME. Anyone that says or thinks otherwise is poorly informed. Frank at Silverado has never in my many years of association tolerated any amount of the protectionist ******** that you WILL see from SOME of the other wannabe promoters towards their pet ammo dealers. If you have any doubts, show up at Frederick and check out the bruises. Bring it on. Hope to see you all there, your friend and mine, Dan

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Make sure you are at the right building before buying a ticket at Timonium. Otherwise you will be buying a ticket to the "Dinosaur Show", which is in the other building this weekend.

Might be a great day for "family outing" though. Mom takes the little ones to the Dinosaur Fest while you peruse the gun n' ammo...

Make sure you are at the right building before buying a ticket at Timonium. Otherwise you will be buying a ticket to the "Dinosaur Show", which is in the other building this weekend.

Might be a great day for "family outing" though. Mom takes the little ones to the Dinosaur Fest while you peruse the gun n' ammo...

Wouldn't it be great if they had something like a "Velociraptor Action Shoot"?

Soda

Dec 14, 2010

LOL! Last time the dino show was there I had fun watching all the surprised parents come into the gun show building with their kids in tow, turn right around, and hurry over to the dino building.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I'd go if they had some decent shotguns. Or shotgun ammo.
    I'd love to be able to go and purchase 20 flats of target shells for a decent price.
    Or to fondle and maybe purchase a few higher end shotguns.
    Every show I have been to ignores this market.
    That's why I quit going to shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom