• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    finally got to fire my ks-47 this past weekend. It shot pretty good with no real issues. once or twice the bolt got partially hung up when pressure was put on the magazine from the bench. as soon as I lifted the rifle, the bolt closed and fed the round properly.
    I shot tula ammo with no flaws and browning guy even hit a small steel plate out past 200 yards with only magpul flip up sights.

This gun definitely has a bit more kick than a .556 ar-15

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Just picked one up, hope to go shoot it this weekend. Need to decide on glass.

image.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just picked one up, hope to go shoot it this weekend. Need to decide on glass.
    Im looking to pick up a few mags. Any recommendations on what works best with this gun?

I'm considering this Primary Arms 3x fixed prism objective with a reticle for 7.62x39 ...

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...nted-762x39300bo-acss-reticle/p/pac3xak300bo/

Currently, I have my Primary Arms 1-6x on it but want something smaller.

As per mags, in my limited experience with the rifle, I found S Korea steel mags worked pretty well in the rifle. I'm looking forward to testing more AK mags in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'm considering this Primary Arms 3x fixed prism objective with a reticle for 7.62x39 ...

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...nted-762x39300bo-acss-reticle/p/pac3xak300bo/

Currently, I have my Primary Arms 1-6x on it but want something smaller.

As per mags, in my limited experience with the rifle, I found S Korea steel mags worked pretty well in the rifle. I'm looking forward to testing more AK mags in the future.

So is this shooting approximate 3" groups at 100y for you with cheap steel ammo?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So is this shooting approximate 3" groups at 100y for you with cheap steel ammo?
    Yeah, 3-4" inches groups depending on which cheap ammo. Tulammo wasn't so bad. If I put more time in between shots, I'm sure the groups would tighten up.

At the same time, my 300 BLK with good ammo shoots 2 MOA or better at 100 yards shooting at the same pace. I don't think the KS-47 will match this, but don't really care as its accuracy is acceptable to me and the platform has other pluses.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    PSA totally downplaying the issue in their ARFcom KS47 thread (we allowed to link there?).

Don't know about you but I'm pretty disappointed in their "don't benchrest or touch mag" answer...total cop-out on a $900 rifle, IMO.

Would have been far better if they said "yea guys, we aren't satisfied with it either. Working on solutions to make it right". Or even "you're out of luck but second gen will be fixed".

Pushing it on us like it's user error is only wrong answer.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    PSA totally downplaying the issue in their ARFcom KS47 thread (we allowed to link there?).

Don't know about you but I'm pretty disappointed in their "don't benchrest or touch mag" answer...total cop-out on a $900 rifle, IMO.

Would have been far better if they said "yea guys, we aren't satisfied with it either. Working on solutions to make it right". Or even "you're out of luck but second gen will be fixed".

Pushing it on us like it's user error is only wrong answer.

That's lame. I'll look for the link as I'm curious to read it. I don't remember this warning on their website where they sell the rifle, and it's quite common to see a support hand on the mag with a heated up AK-47. People are also known to lay on the ground when they shoot their rifles.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    please post the link here if possible as I would like to read. PSA is going to turn away a lot of loyal customers that bought this gun if they are in fact acting the way it seems. I suppose there isn't much of a way to fix the issue though without beating on the lower or offering full refunds right?

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    please post the link here if possible as I would like to read. PSA is going to turn away a lot of loyal customers that bought this gun if they are in fact acting the way it seems. I suppose there isn't much of a way to fix the issue though without beating on the lower or offering full refunds right?

It's in industry / palmetto state armory / sticky of official ks47 thread.

Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
    Thanks for the feedback. We have given the information to the engineers to investigate.

We would be remiss if we did not point out that the magazine is designed neither to be a hand guard nor a rest; and we do not recommend using it for either.

The last part there really bothers me. People had been mentioning it for a while and they throw that glib response out? For a $1k rifle I expect more.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Also note the blow off response PSA gave when a person commented that the KS-47 gas block wasn't pinned, nor was the barrel dimpled.

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised given that of three premium uppers (with FN CHF barrels) that I've purchased from them, the front sight post was canted left more than a degree on two of them. Chad fixed one of them for me, as I don't have confidence in PSA getting things right. By contrast, never see these issues with uppers from Spikes (in my experience after switching to them) or BCM (from what others seem to post).

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Also note the blow off response PSA gave when a person commented that the KS-47 gas block wasn't pinned, nor was the barrel dimpled.

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised given that of three premium uppers (with FN CHF barrels) that I've purchased from them, the front sight post was canted left more than a degree on two of them. Chad fixed one of them for me, as I don't have confidence in PSA getting things right. By contrast, never see these issues with uppers from Spikes (in my experience after switching to them) or BCM (from what others seem to post).

Yep but you pay like twice as much money for those uppers though. PSA saves money by making their customers QC their stuff. Great deal if you can, I would skip it you can't. I get the impression you can.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

wow, you guys keep letting me know more and more things that aren't so great about this rifle. Maybe I should have paid the extra 350 dollars for the rock river model...

This might be the 1 and only PSA gun I buy if this is how they are going to act when a problem is brought to their attention. I had such high hopes for this rifle.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    wow, you guys keep letting me know more and more things that aren't so great about this rifle. Maybe I should have paid the extra 350 dollars for the rock river model...

This might be the 1 and only PSA gun I buy if this is how they are going to act when a problem is brought to their attention. I had such high hopes for this rifle.
    The CMMG Mutant would've been the better buy.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The CMMG Mutant would've been the better buy.

I don't know, Nutnfancy (yea I know) had one and it failed. He called up CMMG, they sent him a new upper. They know this upper is going to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people, and yet the one they hand picked still crapped the bed a second time. That sounds even worse than PSA.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I don't know, Nutnfancy (yea I know) had one and it failed. He called up CMMG, they sent him a new upper. They know this upper is going to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people, and yet the one they hand picked still crapped the bed a second time. That sounds even worse than PSA.
    Sorry I don't watch Nutfancy, and we don't know if they handpicked his rifle. He probably had a lemon. The PSA problem is wide spread, no where close to a lemon (every manufacturer has lemons). PSA's gun has a design flaw.

How many other Mutants failed? I wouldn't come to any conclusions based on a Nutfancy video. I did watch a Iraqveteran8888 where they melted one down, and a video by MAC both guns preformed well for those guys. That's 2 to 1. I have a CMMG Mutant in the house and I'm nothing but impressed.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Anyone seen evidence that the cuts into mag feed lips causes premature failure in Magpul pmags? I have heard about some double feeding but primarily the mag lip scrapes. If it is a cosmetic issue that doesn't materially affect the mag, then I am less concerned about it. Like the safety scrape on every AK receiver....

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Sorry I don't watch Nutfancy, and we don't know if they handpicked his rifle. He probably had a lemon. The PSA problem is wide spread, no where close to a lemon (every manufacturer has lemons). PSA's gun has a design flaw.

How many other Mutants failed? I wouldn't come to any conclusions based on a Nutfancy video. I did watch a Iraqveteran8888 where they melted one down, and a video by MAC both guns preformed well for those guys. That's 2 to 1. I have a CMMG Mutant in the house and I'm nothing but impressed.

Nutnfancy had 2 different uppers fail. One failed, he sent it in, the other failed.

Iraqveteran8888 is paid advertisement. I listened to the whole conversation at the Quiet Riot shoot where Evan from Griffin Armament told him they would give them their Ar15 grips at cost (less than $1) to include in his man can (which he sells for profit). By the conversation, clearly this wasn't the first time this happened. The next week he is out there pimping more Griffin stuff.

Most of the full 30 reviewers are im bed with the manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom