Great American Outdoor Show never been is it worth the road trip?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We stayed Sunday & Monday night at the Crowne Plaza and attended the show Monday & Tuesday. It was kind of a dead-of-winter couple of days away with the wife. The hotel had a shuttle bus so we didn't have to mess with parking.

We had a great time looking at hunting/camping gear, interviewing outfitters for our next hunt & seeing the guy that took us hunting in Africa. The crowds are not bad at all if you don't go on a weekend.

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    Went on Saturday. First time I've ever been and what an awesome time.

No way you can see it all in a day

Got some really good deals and found exactly what I was looking for

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Wendy and I went yesterday walked around talked to some outfitters. Hog hunting was the interest, we haven't been in awhile plus I owe her a hunt or two. The super nice thing about the NRA taking over the show the major firearms makers set up booth while not a Shot Show it's neat to see the full line to touch and feel. Also we went to the NRA Country Concert last night, Good Time. We can't wait till next year. If you have never gone put it on your calendar for next year or take run up today (last day). Chris

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Went up Saturday too. Pick up a few things I been looking for. Nice to get to paw and drool over the new guns coming out. Got to check out the scorpion evo. Not too terrible. Lighter than I thought it would be. Might have to pick one up if it gets approved. Drive home sucked. Hit the wall of white death and got stuck behind salt trucks who wouldn't let anyone pass them.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    My brother, his son and I went up there on Saturday and had a great time. We all can't wait for next year. We got there at 8am and had to wait, but the doors opened a little before 9am. We must have walked 5 miles, but finished up at 5:30pm. We didn't spend a lot of time in the fishing section at all except that one of my friends that runs charter trips was there, so we talked for a while. Next year I would do about 5 or 6 hours on one day and then spend the night and do it again the next day.

A couple of surprises were that Ruger and Springfield weren't there. I just don't get that at all. Sig, Savage had great displays. Trop was another great booth. We got everything accomplished that we set out to do, though it would have been nice to leave with a gun rather than have to go to a store "down the road" to get it.

We too, hit the wall of white death on the way home, but we never saw a salt truck. It made things very interesting indeed. The snow stopped half way around the beltway, so we went into Catonsville and got some dinner. Came out and the car was covered with 2" of snow. The rest of the ride home sucked even worse.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    I've never been to the Great American Outdoor Show (formerly the Harrisburg, PA show).
    Looks like a really big show with all kinds of vendors showing there goods, but are there vendors there selling goods all so? It sounds like I'd have to get a motel room for the night and spend 2 days walking and asking questions just to see most of the show vendors.

Thanks

I really enjoyed it. It has a very nice gun section to the show. It has everything outdoor related too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom