• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Who do I call or email about my DC app? I don’t see a direct contact or the website.

Back around 2013 it was TFC Loretta Thompson of the MSP Firearms Registration Section. Have no idea if she is still there. She was very nice and easy to deal with.

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    I couldn’t read the tone of your response well. I’ve never been good at that. New gun owner here so I want to make sure they can’t use anything against me.

My advice is calm down a little bit since you’ve never owned a gun. Gain some experience and worry about a collectors license a little later.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I couldn’t read the tone of your response well. I’ve never been good at that. New gun owner here so I want to make sure they can’t use anything against me.

Good news...Anything you don’t say can’t be used against you in a court of law. You also have the right to remain silent but only you know if you have the ability.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    My advice is calm down a little bit since you’ve never owned a gun. Gain some experience and worry about a collectors license a little later.

Appreciate it, but I didn’t ask for anyone’s opinion on my personal spending.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Appreciate it, but I didn’t ask for anyone’s opinion on my personal spending.

And since you have been jumping in with both feet, have you joined Maryland Shall Issue yet?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Not into that kind of stuff. Sorry. I respect it, though.

The following is not meant to be facetious and I urge you to rethink your position since you’ve just bought your first handgun and want a DC because you want to buy more.

I’m going to make some assumptions but you have already been subjected to the following infringements:

1. Handgun roster
    2. HQL
    3. 7 day wait
    4. Limited to one in 30
    5. Had to submit a DC in order to buy a legal product and not be subjected to arbitrary limits
    6. Internal locking device requirement
    7. 10 dollar MSP fee
    8. Magazine capacity limits

Opinions vary on the different orgs but they are the ones doing the heavy lifting. By joining one or more orgs and making small donations, is one of the only ways that list of infringements doesn’t get longer.

You could do a lot worse than joining MSI.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Generally most people go on their own, but invite the new guys (you) and hold their hand the first couple of times.

Don't fall into the trap I did. Go on your own, do your own thing, testify, testify some more, say yes to being a board member on some "part time" organization and end up becoming the President of MSI when you aren't looking.

(At least that's how I think it happened), now I am back to being Joe Citizen and able to run my mouth a little more when I testify.

Awesome! How do I know when to go? Like where would I find that information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Awesome! How do I know when to go? Like where would I find that information?

Oh, you will know...LOL

All of the various bills will be posted here along with hearing dates and times.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    And since you have been jumping in with both feet, have you joined Maryland Shall Issue yet?

Not into that kind of stuff. Sorry. I respect it, though.

I'm curious about what you mean by that...and can't help but assume the worst. :sad20:

If you look around the MD2A (and even National 2A) section, you'll find a very common sentiment that MSI is the best bang for your buck when it comes to keeping 2A alive in MD. Have you looked at the MSI website to see what kind of stuff they are into? The legislation tracker is still up that shows you all the proposed laws that MSI was trying to prevent the MGA from ramming down our throats. Unfortunately, I do not believe that enough people were "into that kind of stuff" to stop it without the saving grace of Covid19. You can bet they'll try to make up for it next year.

If more people were "into that kind of stuff," maybe we could get some laws changed and you wouldn't have had to submit your fingerprints and pay several bribes to MSP in order to buy your pistol. Wouldn't it have been nice to be able to accept your 365xl with the magazines that came with it, get more delivered to your door, and maybe even CC it? Who could make that happen? Not the NRA...but maybe, just maybe people who support the kind of stuff that MSI does.

I really really hope that now that you've "got yours," you aren't content with the gun laws in MD. Even if you are, they are going to get worse every year that people don't get "into that kind of stuff."

You might also want to see what kind of stuff MSRPA does to help keep some sliver of a Second Amendment in MD.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I'm curious about what you mean by that...and can't help but assume the worst. :sad20:

If you look around the MD2A (and even National 2A) section, you'll find a very common sentiment that MSI is the best bang for your buck when it comes to keeping 2A alive in MD. Have you looked at the MSI website to see what kind of stuff they are into? The legislation tracker is still up that shows you all the proposed laws that MSI was trying to prevent the MGA from ramming down our throats. Unfortunately, I do not believe that enough people were "into that kind of stuff" to stop it without the saving grace of Covid19. You can bet they'll try to make up for it next year.

If more people were "into that kind of stuff," maybe we could get some laws changed and you wouldn't have had to submit your fingerprints and pay several bribes to MSP in order to buy your pistol. Wouldn't it have been nice to be able to accept your 365xl with the magazines that came with it, get more delivered to your door, and maybe even CC it? Who could make that happen? Not the NRA...but maybe, just maybe people who support the kind of stuff that MSI does.

I really really hope that now that you've "got yours," you aren't content with the gun laws in MD. Even if you are, they are going to get worse every year that people don't get "into that kind of stuff."

You might also want to see what kind of stuff MSRPA does to help keep some sliver of a Second Amendment in MD.

Because of what you said I’m making a bigger donation as soon as I get my paycheck! (Kinda broke buying ammo atm)

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020

I just prefer to put my energy elsewhere. That’s all. Don’t care to discuss this any further but I appreciate you enlightening me.

earlybirdnj

Aug 1, 2013
    Mine was not approved when I first applied. I called to find out why and was told it was because I have not made a regulated purchase since 1983. Once I told them that I had an 03FFL, it was approved and received within a few days.
    This exact thing happened to me. Once I received my regulated item only took about a week to get designated collector approval

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I just prefer to put my energy elsewhere. That’s all. Don’t care to discuss this any further but I appreciate you enlightening me.

Certainly not spending much energy researching Maryland gun laws on your own. Maybe folks will keep that in mind next time you ask a lazy question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom