Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 20th, 2020, 11:10 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver78 View Post
What bulls**t. Can't clean out my yard or basement and drop of the trash. This is insane.
Grab an old trash can or two, spray paint "Yard Trim" on one side, place at the curb on recycling day and you're good on the yard part. I never take stuff to the transfer station for the yard, I just do that and they come pick it up. Couple of cheap galvanized cans have probably paid for themselves in fuel savings on that end.

You can call 311 for large recyclable items to be picked up. Got rid of the old aerial that way as well as a fireplace grate, pokers, etc.
tallen702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 11:11 AM #12
The Member

The Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
I dropped stuff off about 6 weeks ago or so, they had less employees, but they were running... I wonder when/why they closed

... just checked out their site, seems they are not accepting yard trim right now, only garbage... time to bag yard stuff in trash bags

“ Yard Trim Recycling

NO residential yard trim drop-off is permitted.

Residents are encouraged to manage yard trim materials at home through grasscycling and backyard composting
If you are not able to grasscycle or compost yard trim at home, please recycle yard trim materials through the County’s weekly curbside yard trim recycling collection program”
This guy is the problem: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/e...rc_elrich.html
Old May 20th, 2020, 11:25 AM #13

That's nuts. Here in Calvert, I just cut the yard waste up in small pieces and have a few backyard campfires. After a couple nights, the kids were happy from roasting marshmallows and hot dogs plus the yard waste is gone. win win.

--Wyatt Earp
kookymonstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:28 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookymonstir View Post
That's nuts. Here in Calvert, I just cut the yard waste up in small pieces and have a few backyard campfires. After a couple nights, the kids were happy from roasting marshmallows and hot dogs plus the yard waste is gone. win win.
Here in Montgomery the fire department responds and orders you to put out the fire, claiming you can be cited for not having a permit. After several emails to the office of the fire chief, county environmental protection and county permitting, I finally received official documentation that a fire pit is perfectly legal in Montgomery County on private property. This post reminds me that I need to print and laminate it for the next time station 15 responds out and orders me to put it out.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
spoon059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:33 PM #15
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Here in Montgomery the fire department responds and orders you to put out the fire, claiming you can be cited for not having a permit. After several emails to the office of the fire chief, county environmental protection and county permitting, I finally received official documentation that a fire pit is perfectly legal in Montgomery County on private property. This post reminds me that I need to print and laminate it for the next time station 15 responds out and orders me to put it out.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Darn coppers

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:40 PM #16

LOL I found out the hard way last week. I have logs from a tree I cut down, employee there said to dump them in woods because thats where trees come from. Okay
tohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:42 PM #17
MSI Executive Member

MSI Executive Member

Weird. They've been picking up my yard trim from the street, just like always. Since I'm home a lot now there has been lots of it.
mac1_131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:47 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1_131 View Post
Weird. They've been picking up my yard trim from the street, just like always. Since I'm home a lot now there has been lots of it.
curbside is fine, they aren't allowing you to drop off large stuff (tree trunks, logs, etc) that they do not pick up curbside
tohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:50 PM #19

HoCo had sent out a notice about not doing "spring cleanup", Heck, that reduces the honeyDo list doesn't it?
Stupid cause with so many people working from home or out of work, why stop them from doing something constructive.
IF they want less people at the landfill or less people to help customers , that's one thing but if I can back the thing up to the wall and dump it over, what should they care? What? not enough people to stand over my shoulder looking for me to dump tires or chemicals or something?
Wait till they lift the restrictions and then get the flood of people and the line goes all the way out to Marriottsville RD. yea, like that is a good idea.
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:55 PM #20

Quote:
Has anyone tried going in the 355 entrance and seen what the reality on the ground is? Are they really being that harsh in person?
Yes I have and it's a cluster. You have to be a landscaper/contractor and bring "your papers" (LITERALLY what the lady told me) - meaning a contract from your customer verifying that you are doing contract work. Homeowners cannot dump trash or yard waste, but the recycling is open.
Just about every vehicle was being turned around and sent back home. Infuriating.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region