• mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Just got this in the mail.

Official Ballot
    Presidential Primary Election

Two sets of names for Board of Education At Large and Board of Education District 4.

Is this MOCO being libtard indicating "Presidential Primary Election" or am I being dense and perhaps a bit paranoid that this is setting up/testing the waters for something more sinister for November.

Please put my mind at ease, or at least this facet.

Mark

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Got mine as well. Voting for Bernie, and hoping he picks Stacy Abrams (the tank!) as his running mate. The WaPo just had a great article on her with a pic of her in a cape, like Batman !!! Campaign song: Ebony and Ivory...

Yang is really popular here in MoCo as well.

And, yea. I get the feeling MoCo is testing the waters for the general.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    But what the eff is it for? The actual ballot/names I received is for Board of Education but indicates Presidential Primary on the header of said ballot. You gents get something different than I?

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    But what the eff is it for? The actual ballot/names I received is for Board of Education but indicates Presidential Primary on the header of said ballot. You gents get something different than I?

If one is registered as an Independent, the primary ballot is only for school board type stuff. Could that be the case?

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I am a registered Independent. Allowing my ignorance to shine through here but why as an independent do I not get to vote in the primary? Seems odd but sooo many things seem that way to me.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

If you ain't an o-fisshal D or R, then all you get is those couple of school board choices. That said, it still matters. Remember, you've got some of them who are all for Making Things Equal by busing kids out of prosperous neighborhoods and shipping them to squalid ones (because that's somehow going to make the kids who live in rougher neighborhoods go home and study more every day, or make their parents more invested in getting their kids to stop giving their teachers grief?) ... and some are opposed to such crap.

It's mostly hair-splitting when it comes to school board people in MoCo, but that's one topic that seriously, for a change, differentiates the candidates. Guys like Stephen Austin are worth supporting, if for no other reason than that he seems to make the local SJW Karens insane.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I am a registered Independent. Allowing my ignorance to shine through here but why as an independent do I not get to vote in the primary? Seems odd but sooo many things seem that way to me.

Because unless you're a member of a party, you don't get to have a say in that party's private business. In this case, the private business of choosing from among their own ranks who they want to put forth as a candidate in the general election this fall. Political parties are just private groups, so they get to say who can play a role in representing them in an election.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Because unless you're a member of a party, you don't get to have a say in that party's private business. In this case, the private business of choosing from among their own ranks who they want to put forth as a candidate in the general election this fall. Political parties are just private groups, so they get to say who can play a role in representing them in an election.

That pretty much sums it up. That’s why it’s important to register with a party; so you can help choose who (or who’s not) put forth in November for all to choose.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

That pretty much sums it up. That’s why it’s important to register with a party; so you can help choose who (or who’s not) put forth in November for all to choose.

Which, in this state, it is extremely important as a republican to switch affiliation in incumbent years like this to vote as a Democrat. You'd better believe my "vote" is going to someone other than the chosen Dem right now.

Interestingly enough, my wife is registered Dem, but she didn't get a ballot in the mail while I did.....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Does anyone have a list of who I should vote for on the school board? (Note: I send my kids to private school.)

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Does anyone have a list of who I should vote for on the school board? (Note: I send my kids to private school.)

In MoCo? Not sure now since moving to Fredneck a couple years ago. I used to always vote for Mrs. Darrow (forget her first name) cause she was my high school Home Ec teacher. She was always on the Republican primary ballot.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Bump for suggestion:

When it came to voting for school board folks, I did the research and there are several who are pro "keep schools local" and "no easy A." I made sure to vote for them and against the incumbents. Given the redistricting threat recently, I would be surprised to see the board stay the same when the general is done.

Stephen M

Jan 20, 2013
    MoCo

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Finally got mine. Imo the only votes that matter are for the school board. I’m going to switch to independent, pretty disgusted with both parties at this point. Yeh, I can’t vote in primaries but the Democrats are going to force the establishment candidates and the Republicans became a solid no go after Trump.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Never received mine. I thought there were going to be a few in-person poll locations in MoCo but I cannot find any information about that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom