• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I have seen in past threads some of you posting about using Malwarebytes on your computers.

I use Bitdefender and the Malwarebytes free version right now. Would it be redundant to get the paid Malwarebytes in addition to Bitdefender and would they be good using them together?

Thanks.

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    Bitdefender is primarily Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes is an anti-exploit, so they should work fine together. I am running Microsoft Defender and a paid version of Malwarebytes and they have worked very well for me. If you have Windows 7 you can download Defender from Microsoft for free and if you have Windows 10 it comes with it.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I am using MS Defender and the free version of MalwareBytes. Not much difference between the paid and free versions. Free version must be updated manually but it still works well for me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've used many of Malware software, both free and pay to play. I bought the Malwarebyte package and I haven't had any problems. From what I understand, the purchased version of Malwarebyte is one of a very few packages that takes care of all ransomware issues. The free version does not.

YMMV

Good Luck!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I've used many of Malware software, both free and pay to play. I bought the Malwarebyte package and I haven't had any problems. From what I understand, the purchased version of Malwarebyte is one of a very few packages that takes care of all ransomware issues. The free version does not.

YMMV

Good Luck!

Well....

The paid version runs in the background. The free version only does on-demand scans.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/cu...ytes-anti-malware-free-and-premium-?b_id=6438

Nothing takes care of all ransomware issues.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads