• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Interested in a Sig P938, partial to the SAS, equinox, but open to see what else is around.
    Sig's website is all over the place about current offerings.
    If you can let me know what you have and price, that would be awesome.
    Will order/purchase as soon as HQL clears

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have the BRP model, with a custom Kydex "Multi-Holster" canted with one clip, disappears on your hip.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have the BRP model, with a custom Kydex "Multi-Holster" canted with one clip, disappears on your hip.

I'm trying to gather ideas about holsters. Can you point me in the direction of the setup, I hate asking folks to send/post pictures. I'm a skinnier dude and printing is an issue for carry on me.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just search for multi-holster online the guy is like in Michigan has plenty of posts on YouTube and a website. The Kydex one I order is custom made/fit, IWB, 15 degree forward can't, with one black clip. They run about $65 good service. I started with a with a wig laser just for fun, so the first holster was for the laser, then ordered a second holster without the laser. Hardly used. Still have the laser and holster if that interests you. Laser is about $125, holster about $65 new. The laser wasnt my thing being old school. I'd sell you both for about half what I paid of you are interested. You can wear these holsters appendix. 3 o'clock or 5 o'clock quite comfy. It's very durable but mall and stiff. I you want to go qakt custom leather IWB I would suggest checking out Barber Leatherworks on line - great guy good stuff but $$.

As if I need more cajoling to jump in, thanks for the reassurance. Which version if I may ask? And do you have a favorite holster for it?

I have the original version and put Hogue grips on it. It came with the SIG holster but I wear big floppy "BDUs" and it fits in the front right pocket perfectly. If I wear tighter pants I use an inside the belt holster with a long jacket or vest to cover.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Got my letter in the mail saying the background is beginning for the HQL. Submitted 3/16. I'll be shopping anytime....

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Looking for the 938 SAS. I really like the two tone look and the "soft edges". From what I see online, the SAS is the sought after model and commands a higher price. Prices on GB are 654, 699 and 749, that's a large price spread.

Anyone seen one local to MD area?

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I've got the nox edition, bought it when it was first available here in Md. Great compact gun and very soft shooter and accurate. You'll definitely be happy.

minuit

Nov 10, 2015
    Frederick County
    Been looking at small single stack 9's and hoping to find one of these locally in stock to handle. Also would like to handle a Beretta nano.

So far I've handled the xds, glock and shield - Out of these the shield was the best in my hands

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have the XDS in .45 (same size as 9mm), the P938 in 9mm, and the Shield Performance Center in 9mm which I just added TPX sights to. They are all well made and reliable firearms. The Shield is thinner than the XDS. If you can handle the size it's my choice. If you need something a little smaller the 938 is your choice. That said, I have no problem carrying the XDS IWB. Great having lots of options.

minuit

Nov 10, 2015
    Frederick County
    The Shield is thinner than the XDS. If you can handle the size it's my choice. If you need something a little smaller the 938 is your choice.

Wasn't sure if you meant you preferred the shield or the xds. I was able to handle the xds and thought the grip was too aggressive.

Is the Performance Center Shield loud with the ported barrel?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Loud? All guns go bang. The ported barrel sends the gas off at angles and it does not impeded the sight picture. If you look for it you see it, if not it isn't noticeable. Its accurate. If you want .45 go XDS, 9mm go Shield if if you really need tiny the P938.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    When I started losing my hearing at 30, I starting paying more and more attention to this :-(

Thx for the feedback. I'm leaning towards the shield as of now.

Sorry I realize I still didn't answer your question. I notice no difference in the db of the 938 versus the shield upon discharge. I really like the 938 but it is SA cocked and locked. The Shield is a DA striker fired. The performance center model comes with the slide safety which you can use or ignore safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom