• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    He was a 'fixture' ...

Brian Wilson has been scrubbed from the WMAL podcast page as well as the Mornings on the Mall live feed.

I agree with Dave Hughes, Brian and Larry had chemistry, Brain and Mary, not so much. I'm thinking that WMAL wanted him out in favor of building a younger audience, and gave him an unceremonious boot after his show on Friday.

His name is still in one page, but there are no podcasts past the Saturday highlights of the week. Too bad, I kinda liked him. I hope he lands well.

Attachments

• WMAL.JPG
      WMAL.JPG
      5.8 KB · Views: 9,680

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    WMAL is known for dumping talent especially when contracts are up for negotiations and WMAL doesn't want to give a pay raise.

WMAL did basically the same thing to Grandy and Andy. Andy Parks got dumped first at the end of his contract then Fred Grandy when his contract was up a short time later.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The traffic reporter this afternoon said traffic was light on the Brian Wilson bridge. Maybe he still has some friends there

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I liked him, he seemed like a regular guy with common sense.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Not a big fan of Mary. Brian will be missed. Maybe they move Chris Plante to the morning slot. I like his show but rarely get to listen since I'm at work.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Not a big fan of Mary. Brian will be missed. Maybe they move Chris Plante to the morning slot. I like his show but rarely get to listen since I'm at work.

Chris Plante's rants won't fit into the morning drive where they only talk for 7 minutes between commercials and traffic reports every 10 minutes

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Chris Plante's rants won't fit into the morning drive where they only talk for 7 minutes between commercials and traffic reports every 10 minutes

Yea that's the most annoying part. I can make it from my house to daycare and not hear the show once. I just got out of the car and whoever is sitting in this morning is horrible, both of them.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Not sure about Brian. Can't stand Mary but hate the guy Vince Colonase? Not sure on the name but he gets all over my nerves.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Not sure about Brian. Can't stand Mary but hate the guy Vince Colonase? Not sure on the name but he gets all over my nerves.

I cant stand either of these two in the AM. They are literally un-listenable. I actually found myself listening to Elliott in the Morning, this morning. This is not something I am proud of.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Good!
    Brian Wilson‏Verified account @BrianWilsonDC 7m7 minutes ago

Hey everyone! I'm going to be joining my old broadcasting partner @BryanNehman tomorrow morning on WBAL! Stay tuned for details.

RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    Loved the old Brian and O'Brien show that was on B104. I don't listen to AM radio much so I haven't heard Brian Wilson for sometime. Guess I'll have to tune in. I liked his radio personality and his politics.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thought I heard that Brian Wilson was mad about the attention Larry O'Connor was getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom