• epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Can the lasers be used for self defense in Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We've spent 40 or 50 years laughing and sneering at these silly "basement dwellers", while their organizers infiltrate, undermine, and destroy our society.

Now the infestation has reached a critical mass within government, media, private corporations, and the military. There is no knowing just how badly our society has already been undermined, but I don't think Trump can count on the military to uphold the constitution. I think it's that bad.

Time to stop laughing at those silly, silly hippies.

And now communication jamming? Scouting out the water supply? Barricading exits and setting fires. These ain’t your mommas basement dwellers. Past time to take out the leaders!

Attachments

• 50204BCD-E140-4718-9ABD-2776BCD1FA1A.jpg
      50204BCD-E140-4718-9ABD-2776BCD1FA1A.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 355
    • 9FCBB943-AE3F-4168-88D7-D5D6ED3C6D3C.jpg
      9FCBB943-AE3F-4168-88D7-D5D6ED3C6D3C.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 499

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Can the lasers be used for self defense in Maryland ?
    You might be able to get 1A protection if you play some techno music on your phone while summarizing select Supreme Court decisions through interpretive dance.

But that's all null and void if you use the dirty "s-d" phrase.

I would expect Baron von Frosh to prosecute you/me/us for defensive use of a plastic spork. "There is no place in our society for spork-violence."

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Take a quick look on ebay. Red, Green, Purple, and some other colors are readily and cheaply available. Quite a few are more powerful than the 5mW limit; they state 5mW in the listing, but they are much more powerful-some will pop a balloon or light a match. Don't ask how I know :innocent0
    Yeah they are very cool but downright dangerous when miss used. I have the mother of all laser pointers (blue) and it burns a hole right in a piece of paper. And comes with protective googles.

Honestly, I'm a little scared of the thing, just the refraction off it messes with your eyes. Does a good job when pointed into the sky, and I'm real careful to make sure no airplanes anywhere in the vicinity.

If somebody got you in the eye with one of these things I can't imagine the damage...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    How long does it take to have one lazed in on an eye tondo permanent damage? I'm surprised there is not a counter for defense from some sort of glasses out there In The market.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Have we decided on effective protective eyewear?

What's effective is monkey-stomping the rioting marxists using them. Feds need undercovers in the crowd to find them and snatch them up. This is one of those times where the best defense is a strong offense.

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    What's effective is monkey-stomping the rioting marxists using them. Feds need undercovers in the crowd to find them and snatch them up. This is one of those times where the best defense is a strong offense.
    This. Trying to blind someone is a hideous crime. Anyone caught should get life in prison. Too dangerous to be allowed out ever again. The same goes for anyone randomly firing into a crowd. These are true terrorist acts.

I saw red, green and purple lasers in the videos of the rioters. They need to be taken down hard.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How long does it take to have one lazed in on an eye tondo permanent damage? I'm surprised there is not a counter for defense from some sort of glasses out there In The market.

The definition of a Class III laser is that you can get eye damage before your blink reflex kicks in.

A Class IV laser can cause eye damage from a diffuse reflection (not a shiny surface).

A Class II laser requires that you actually over ride your blink reflex and stare it it to cause damage to the eye.

There is no one pair of glasses that protects against all colors of lasers.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I am sure that this has been reported in the Portland riot thread, but they are now saying that there are 3 officers who have probably lost their sight due to the lasers. They didn't mention one or both eyes, but either way sucks.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County

luckydawg

Rimfire Fanatic
    Mar 21, 2018
    Silver Spring
    Laser eye protection is wavelength specific, so with out knowing the specific laser's wavelength the best thing to do is look away. This is serious stuff, we're talking about potentially blinding someone for life if the power output is high enough. The law should go after these jerks with gusto and prosecute the heck out of them

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

This

Anyone in the crowd waving a laser should be summarily shot......no questions or fawkes given

Or just send a couple monkeys into the crowd with AK's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaT3Dh9ViWc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom